Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[CONFIRMED] Error Message - "Error: Module Not Registered..."

Started by capkix, December 03, 2007, 19:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capkix

See attached screen shot.

This is the error I receive:
Error: Module Not Registered."store" is not a valid VirtueMart core module.

This error occurs when accessing the VirtueMart component in the Administrator back end.  My Joomla installation is in the \store directory (eg. "http://mysite.com/store/").

This is a fresh Joomla 1.5SVN installation from 2 days ago, and the current VM nightly build.  I enabled the legacy plugin.  My host is GoDaddy and I enabled php5 after this error came up.

I had to unzip all of the files from the VM nightly build and install from directory because they weren't recognized as valid install files.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

aravot

I have never seen that error, can you write your server info (detail)

Quote from: capkix on December 03, 2007, 19:48:59 PM
I had to unzip all of the files from the VM nightly build and install from directory because they weren't recognized as valid install files.
That is correct there is one zip file called VirtueMart_1.1.0_COMPLETE_PACKAGE.zip once you extract the file you will have the main VirtueMart component (com_virtuemart_1.1.0.zip), 13 modules and 2 plugin/bots.

capkix

That is correct there is one zip file called VirtueMart_1.1.0_COMPLETE_PACKAGE.zip once you extract the file you will have the main VirtueMart component (com_virtuemart_1.1.0.zip), 13 modules and 2 plugin/bots.

Ok, forget what I said about the bad install files... My problem was that the VM component was timing out during upload and the other components I had not tried after enabling legacy mode.

However, after installing the component I still receive the error after reinstalling the component using the "upload package file" method (it didn't time out this time).

capkix

Server info

DB Version:  5.0.45-log
PHP Version:       5.1.4
Joomla Version:  Joomla 1.5SVN from 30-Nov-2007 9469

aravot

For the time out problem in your php.ini file increase max_execution_time

As for the error, like I said, First time seeing it, please write your server info and what other modules components you have installed. (name and version, please)

aravot

Capkix, gave me backend access, I tried to install VM 1.1 r1072 installation of files was ok but no VM database tables were created, following message was shown.

QuoteWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

/home/content/html/store/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/sql/sql.virtuemart.php on line 2425

The Sample Data was installed successfully.

* Frontend Files successfully extracted.
    * Frontend Archive File successfully deleted.
    * Backend Files successfully extracted.
    * Backend Archive File successfully deleted.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

/home/content/html/store/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_perm.php on line 298

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

/home/content/html/store/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_perm.php on line 302
Error: Module Not Registered."store" is not a valid VirtueMart core module.

Server info:
PHP Built on: Linux linhost280.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net 2.4.21-50.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue May 8 17:18:29 EDT 2007 i686
Database Version: 5.0.45-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.1.4
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Takriban ] 5-October-2007 21:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

pixiepie

FYI, I got the exact same results/error using build # 1073.

pixiepie

Quote from: aravot on December 05, 2007, 09:59:57 AM
pixiepie, can you send me your SQL log file
Not to be dense.. But tell me how/where I would get this, and I'll be happy to pass it along.. I just tried a fresh install of Joomla 1.5 and Virtuemart 1.1 beta2, and am still getting the error..

pixiepie

No problem.. :D I'll see what I can do to get that..

In the meantime, thought you'd like to know the latest update on my attempt to resolve this issue for myself.. (I'll leave it to you geniuses to figure out WHY it happened.. :D)  I seem to have resolved my issue by grabbing the sql files from "administrator/components/com_virtuemart/sql". I opened them in Toad and edited the table prefixes to match my table table prefixes. Then I ran the sql file manually. Except for two duplicate key errors (duplicate records in the state table record ID's 170 & 171) which I quickly corrected, the script ran without any major errors, and now I no longer get the errors when opening the component. I have not yet check if the component is functioning correctly. Only that when I open it I can now see the admin menu. I am getting ready to run the test data sql file manually, and then I can begin to do some functional testing of this component.

pixiepie

Yes I use a custom table prefix. My test "Joomla 1.5/Virtuemart 1.1" site is running on a test DB I have set up with multiple test instances in the same DB. I use custom table prefixes to differentiate my various sites. After doing some additional snooping, it appears that the script that creates the VM tables never ran. After the install when I got the SQL errors, I checked to see if the VM tables had been created, and they were not.. That's why I ran it manually. Now Virtuemart opens up just fine..

I cannot run the test data sql.. I am getting errors.. No biggie there.. I only wanted to save myself a little time in setting up my test site.. I'll just create my own test data.. I just figured you might want to know that I got errors when running the sql manually..

QuoteError

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `jos_test5_vm_product`
VALUES ( 1, 1, 0, 'G01', '<p>Nice hand shovel to dig with in the yard.</p>\r\n', '\r\n<ul> <li>Hand crafted handle with maximum grip torque </li><li>Titanium tipped shovel platter </li><li>Half degree offset for less accidents </li><li>Includes HowTo Video narrated by Bob Costas </li></ul> <b>Specifications</b><br> 5\" Diameter<br> Tungsten handle tip with 5 point loft<br>\r\n', '8d886c5855770cc01a3b8a2db57f6600.jpg', 'cca3cd5db813ee6badf6a3598832f2fc.jpg', 'Y', '10.0000', 'pounds', '0.0000', '0.0000', '0.0000', 'inches', '', 10, 1072911600, '48h.gif', 'Y', 1, NULL , 950320117, 1084907592, 'Hand Shovel', 0, '', '', 2, NULL , NULL ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Soeren

Hi pixiepie,
I have fixed the Sample SQL errors SVN. Thanks for reporting!

ciao, Sören
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net