News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Nightly Build 01/11 - J! 1.5 - A Site Redux story!!

Started by web2xs, November 02, 2007, 04:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

web2xs

Hi All,

Not been around for a while, different projects and fatherhood have kept me away from J! and VM for a long time now.

I am back again to complete a beta transition of an existing J! / VM site for 1 of my clients. The client was one of the first J! / VM complete installs way back in the early days of 2005.

He currently runs J! 1.011 & VM 1.06 and has almost 17,000 products online. So in need of an upgrade......

So the brief is: To install & configure -

• J! 1.5 - (RC3)
  • VM 1.1 - (Nightly build 01/11)
  • All tweaks / hacks / modifications of existing site to be transferred
  • Have full SEO urls
  • Be 100% quicker on DB calls and site load timings

Sounds like a simple enough shopping list, but from painful experience, this is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Along the road I will share in this post, the problems and the solutions that I encounter.

@Soeren - Im amazed you have stuck so long with this project and find the time to complete the other extensions from your camp - 150% respect

So time to get cracking. Wish me luck please.

2xs

ED :- The clients current site - www.trollandtoad-europe.com
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins!!

aravot

Good luck.

If you encounter any problems please report over at Quality and Testing board

Don't use J! 1.5 RC3, lot has changed specially legacy.php file which is required for VM 1.1, try latest nightly build 9297 (I am using)

Keep us all updated, sounds like you are pushing ahead with what everyone else with Joomla 1.5 wants to do. I look forward to reading your experiences and following the site progress