News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[FEATURE REQUEST] Two feature requests out of stock notify and track

Started by aravot, October 15, 2007, 22:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

I have two feature request for VM 1.1 which I am willing to donate

1. If a product is out of stock no point of showing 'Add to cart' button instead show 'Notify Me' button; two hacks / modifications for this are available of VM 1.0.x which can be ported to VM 1.1

Notify Me (When item in stock) Hack

ADD-ON Out of Stock Notificatio

2. Addition of 'Track Order' option in user order / invoice (account maintenance), where user will be able to click on track order button.

Order tracking

I know this hacks can be added by users but every time a new version comes out the hack has to be redone hence request to be added to core, as I said I am willing to donate for this.

aravot

Soeren, thanks for adding Stock Notification, however it doesn't work for child items, can this be fixed  so that when a child item is out of stock the button changes.

Soeren

Of course it works for child items...I have just tried it for the Plastic Ladder, which is out of Stock ;) The button says "Notify Me!".

ciao, Sören
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

aravot

That is weird, the button doesn't change for me, I'll start fresh, in the meanwhile can someone check this for me in case it is my browser. (link in my profile)

Edited:
Deleted everything, dropped database, started with fresh install of Joomla 1.0.13 and VM 1.1 r1002, 'Add to cart' button does not change to 'Notify Me' for child items. (database info in my signature)

Replika

Quote from: aravot on October 18, 2007, 06:22:28 AM
Soeren, thanks for adding Stock Notification, however it doesn't work for child items, can this be fixed  so that when a child item is out of stock the button changes.
Excuse me, How to see its work? Is it an addon in the first post or implemented in VM 1.1? I try to set "In Stoke" to 0 but do not see the Notification button