News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to cart popup in IE6 is in wrong place

Started by jenkinhill, October 14, 2007, 20:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

In IE6 the popup information window, added to cart, is mostly above the top of the browser window, with just the lower 1cm or so showing. No problem in IE7 and FireFox.

Database Version: 4.1.20
PHP Version: 4.4.2
Web Server: Apache
VirtueMart 1.1: Ver. 998 13 October
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hammo

Yes, I have IE 6.0 and I can confirm that the popup box partially appears at the top the screen.

However, after further investigation I found this happened only on certain templates. So my question is what determines where the popup box appears?

hammo

After reading this thread

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=32241.0

I removed the following  line from the template and the popup box appears OK in the centre of the page

echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $iso[1] .'"?' .'>';

I don't understand what this line is actually doing to cause the problem.

jenkinhill

That line causes IE6 to go into quirks mode so it makes its own interpretation of how the page should look. VM1.1 displays best where the browser is running in standards complaint mode - as you say, then the popup is correctly positioned.

Good spot!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK