News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No Shipping Method Displayed for UPS -- SOLUTION

Started by digital_gods, October 12, 2007, 04:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digital_gods

If you like me have been racking your brains out to solve the problem of No shipping method displayed for UPS during check out, I have the step by step solution for the issue.

1. In VitureMart, goto : Adimin | Configuration | Shipping Tab. Make sure "UPS Online� Tools Shipping calculation" is checked and everything else unchecked. SAVE
2. Go to UPS.com and register username and password. Then proceed to setup an UPS account. (Credit Card/Debit Card Required)
3. In the UPS.com website, goto: Business Solutions| IT Professionals. Scroll down to "UPS Online Tools" and click on link. On the right hand side of the Online Tools page, click on the link "Get Online Tools". Scroll down and click on link "UPS Tracking." Verfiy information and enter UPS Account Number. Submit. Scroll down to "UPS U.S. Address Validation XML"  and click on link. Do not download the file, its not needed. On the right hand side of the page, click on the link "XML Access Key." The Developer's key was email to the address provided in the account registration. Retrieve that email and enter the Developer's key and submit. Verify contact information and submit. Now you have the XML Access Key.
3. In VirtueMart, goto : Store | Shipping Module List . The only one check should be UPS. Under UPS, click on the link "Configure Store." In UPS Access Code, enter in the "XML Access Key". In UPS User ID, enter the UPS.com username. In UPS password, enter UPS.com password. Configure the rest of the module for your shipping needs. SAVE

Congratulations, you have now fixed your issue and your shipping module is working.

jon.m

VERY helpful!

I'll add I had a error on line 504 of ups.php "Undefined html" or some such.  Looking at the code, I realized I'd not put any weight on my product in my sandbox!

So don't forget the weight!
Jon

jon.m

Does anyone have pointers to debugging this interface?

I have this working on my localhost sandbox, but can't get it to work on my hosted test store.   I only have UPS shipping configured, but my site spins, eventually into a blank page, when I complete the Address Confirmation and attempt the "Shipping Methods" step.

Suggestions?
Jon

jon.m

After some digging, it appears I need to fix ups.php, as I'm on GoDaddy hosting, and I need an SSL certificate, per this thread:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=9635.0
Jon

dannyt

Ok, all set, until the end.  There is no link for:

--  Under UPS, click on the link "Configure Store."  --

I don't see this option at all.  Am I missing something?..

dannyt

Nevermind, I was not looking under the STORE tab.   :o  I got it now.

alledia

A big thumbs up from me, digital_gods. Very helpful indeed.

fidel

I am having the same GoDaddy issue with a site that was initially working on another host. I have some notes on the referenced forum thread but am curious as to whether there are any on this thread that have used alternative fixes?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=9635.15

subfightercom

Thanks this helped me out getting it setup correctly

artguy101

I am getting the following errors with this module:

Debug: <span class="message">UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.</span><br/>Error Code: 111057<br/>Error Description: This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.<br/>

My products all have weights. I have tried both pounds and lbs.  Nothing works.

Halls

I have had the same problem with the shipping method not displaying! I went in and got an access key. I don't know/think it is the XML Access Key, but it says it is an access key. It is not working and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me!!!