News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[FIXED] Installation problem with VM 1.1 and Joomla 1.5 r9201

Started by robrascal, October 09, 2007, 10:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robrascal

Hi!

I've several problems with VM1.1 and Joomla 1.5.

When I try to install the component of VM 1.1 in Joomla 1.5 RC3 I get this error: "Unable to find install package". Legacy mode is on, other legacy extensions are working (i.e. mXcomments).

With Joomal 1.5 RC2 the checkout-process does not work. After entering the billing information I get the error message: "The requested URL /joomla/cinema-shop was not found on this server." Where cinema-shop is the name of my shop. But maybe this is a Joomla related problem.

Bye,

Rob

aravot

Joomla 1.5 r9201
VirtueMart 1.1 r979
Database Version: 5.0.24a-standard-log
PHP Version: 5.2.3
Web Server: Apache/2.0.54

Due to changes to legacy plugin in J1.5 when trying to install VM 1.1 following error is generated.

QuoteWarning: require_once(/home/example.com/administrator/includes/menubar.html.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/example.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/menuBar.class.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/example.com/administrator/includes/menubar.html.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/example.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/menuBar.class.php on line 19

gregdev

QuoteWarning: require_once(/home/example.com/administrator/includes/menubar.html.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/example.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/menuBar.class.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/example.com/administrator/includes/menubar.html.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/example.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/menuBar.class.php on line 19

Fixed in SVN (rev. 984). Joomla! 1.5 now registers legacy classes for autoloading.

Are there other classes besides mosMenuBar that are causing this problem?

Greg

Edit: Clarified which problem was fixed. I am referring to aravot's problem.

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Soeren

For others having installation problems with VirtueMart 1.1: The component installation package (com_virtuemart_1.1.tar.gz) is too big to upload on a default PHP configuration.
Usually it is allowed to upload files up to 2 MB, but the installer is 2.1 MB. To solve this problem you can add

ini_set('upload_max_filesize', '4M' );

to the file /administrator/index.php (for joomla! 1.5) or  /administrator/index2.php (for joomla! 1.0), right after the first <?php bracket.
Raising the memory_limit is also recommended:

ini_set('memory_limit', '16M' );

Greg, we should maybe try to get the installation package smaller (<= 1.9 MB).

ciao, Sören
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

farhado

Hi,
I'm afraid the prblom have not fix for me! :(
I did all the instruction of Soren, along with adding "php_value upload_max_filesize 4M" to my php.ini (in joomla root) and adding the same command in .htacess but alas, I still can not have com_virtuemart_1.1.2.j15 installed on my fresh joomla 1.5.6.
Any clues plz?

mytoyo2k1

Quote from: Soeren on October 11, 2007, 15:47:52 PM
For others having installation problems with VirtueMart 1.1: The component installation package (com_virtuemart_1.1.tar.gz) is too big to upload on a default PHP configuration.
Usually it is allowed to upload files up to 2 MB, but the installer is 2.1 MB. To solve this problem you can add
ini_set('upload_max_filesize', '4M' );
to the file /administrator/index.php (for joomla! 1.5) or  /administrator/index2.php (for joomla! 1.0), right after the first <?php bracket.
Raising the memory_limit is also recommended:
ini_set('memory_limit', '16M' );
Greg, we should maybe try to get the installation package smaller (<= 1.9 MB).
ciao, Sören

Hi Soren,
I downloaded and edited my index.php file with code you mentioned and i'm still getting the error message
"There was an error uploading this file to the server."
Made sure it was within the php tag.
-marvin