Author Topic: Help. I need Admin to enable Customer Registration - How?  (Read 30589 times)

claireity

• Beginner
Re: Help. I need Admin to enable Customer Registration - How?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 21:19:10 pm »
This method worked great for me (with a little change to the verbiage).  Does anybody know where I can find out the variable names for other user fields they submit on registration like $username, as I'd like the email that goes to the admin to show the address and other info.

gtelegadis

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 22:15:44 pm »
You can get the user fieldnames on the backend of Virtuemart Administration->Manage User Fields

Sparky9292

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 19:26:54 pm »
A new extension that works well with VirtueMart 1.1.4 and the mod_virtuemart_login module is the Multilingual Registration Approval extension.

The author's english skills are a bit rough so this is how it works:

• User clicks registration link (on mod_virtuemart_login).
  • User clicks SUBMIT and sees a message that they will get an email to activate.
  • Admin(s) get a notice that a new user filled in the registration.
  • User gets an email with activation link.
  • User clicks activate link -- however all this does is verify the email, it doesn't activate the account! (like normal Joomla)
  • Admin(s) get a notice that the user has now verified their email.  They can choose to activate the email simply by clicking the link (no need to go to the back end to do this)
  • Finally, the user gets a happy email informing them they can now login to the site

Note: Since mod_virtuemart_login does NOT use the Joomla standard en_GB.user_com.ini translation files and uses english.php instead, you will need to slightly alter USEND_MSG_ACTIVATE to warn them that clicking the link will only verify the email -- and they will have to wait for final administrator approval.

mirrorsandglass

• Time Is Precious, Waste It Wisely
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 16:08:44 pm »
Note: Since mod_virtuemart_login does NOT use the Joomla standard en_GB.user_com.ini translation files and uses english.php instead, you will need to slightly alter USEND_MSG_ACTIVATE to warn them that clicking the link will only verify the email -- and they will have to wait for final administrator approval.
Thanks this saved me loads of work. :)

Sparky9292

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 21:41:32 pm »

Great! Thanks for the heads up.
I think the first email comes from english.php but the second email comes from the en_GB.user_com.ini file, so it's kinda a hassle, but not too bad.

I also hacked up virtuemart a bit to send all the other pieces of registration info besides the username/email/password to help determine approval.

Works pretty well!

mspace

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 21:49:38 pm »
A new extension that works well with VirtueMart 1.1.4 and the mod_virtuemart_login module is the Multilingual Registration Approval extension.

The author's english skills are a bit rough so this is how it works:

• User clicks registration link (on mod_virtuemart_login).
  • User clicks SUBMIT and sees a message that they will get an email to activate.
  • Admin(s) get a notice that a new user filled in the registration.
  • User gets an email with activation link.
  • User clicks activate link -- however all this does is verify the email, it doesn't activate the account! (like normal Joomla)
  • Admin(s) get a notice that the user has now verified their email.  They can choose to activate the email simply by clicking the link (no need to go to the back end to do this)
  • Finally, the user gets a happy email informing them they can now login to the site

hello! I install the plugin but it didnt work for me! as admin i get the mail with $message variable: REGISAPPROVAL_APPROVAL_REQUIRED_EMAIL and REGISAPPROVAL_APPROVAL_REQUIRED_SUBJECT. (i don't see the activation link or text at all)
As a user i get the normal mail with activation link (verify) and when i click it i just get the  REGISAPPROVAL_EMAIL_VERIFIED variable in my site, When i enable the user as admin through joomla panel  i dont get any of message and also none email goes to the user!
do i have to change something?
thank you in advance!

mspace

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 22:25:57 pm »

Great! Thanks for the heads up.
I think the first email comes from english.php but the second email comes from the en_GB.user_com.ini file, so it's kinda a hassle, but not too bad.

I also hacked up virtuemart a bit to send all the other pieces of registration info besides the username/email/password to help determine approval.

Works pretty well!

hello! I install the plugin but it didnt work for me! as admin i get the mail with $message variable: REGISAPPROVAL_APPROVAL_REQUIRED_EMAIL and REGISAPPROVAL_APPROVAL_REQUIRED_SUBJECT. (i don't see the activation link or text at all)
As a user i get the normal mail with activation link (verify) and when i click it i just get the  REGISAPPROVAL_EMAIL_VERIFIED variable in my site, When i enable the user as admin through joomla panel  i dont get any of message and also none email goes to the user!
do i have to change something?
thank you in advance!

Bijou

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 02:37:24 am »
i did try multilingual approval plugin but only works with joomla login, with VMlogin not at all, Im using VM 1.1.7 and joomla 1.5.22,
Maybe need do some hack in the pligin , if so how?

dolec

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 10:56:02 am »
it works but how to send email to user when admin activates the account now we have to do it manually:(