News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[DEV INPUT NEEDED] product taxable or not

Started by Anthony C., October 03, 2007, 00:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony C.

There was a modification long time ago.
It allows us to setup the item nontaxable (meal replacement food)

can this feature be done in the new one?

The post that provides the code:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=21332.msg73420#msg73420

Thank you,

Anthony

aravot

I was testing tax options and was about to request for the same, we need a 'nontaxable' option.

Anthony C.

Should I try to do the modification and submit for testing?

Where should I post the codes later?

Anthony

Anthony C.

Hi,

here is the file

VM Version:  VM 1.1 r967

Setting:
in Shopper Group setting
Show Prices including tax?:  NO    <---- this is a must

in configuration setting:
Tax mode: Based on Shipping Address    <---- This is a must

Please test if this is okay.

Anthony

[attachment cleanup by admin]

aravot

Did a bit of testing it works.

Two suggestions.

1. In backend if possible when 'Product Taxable' is 'No' than don't adjust Gross price.

2. If possible instead of having a radio button add 'none' or 'none taxable' to the VAT Id drop down list, like discount type.

gregdev

To make this complete, you should search for all occurrences of TAX_VIRTUAL and see whether changes need to be made in other places too. Not all places need changes, but some do.

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

aravot

Can this feature bee added to VM core, it is very useful for a site that uses taxable and none taxable products.

Davey D

Any update on this - desperately need a taxable and non-taxable solution for v1.0.13a. A few of our sales are for services (non-tangible) that we cannot charge tax on.

unleash.it

I will post an update here for the changes I made to get it to work with the current VM 1.1. Davey D... I'm sorry to say but unless you are pretty skilled in CSS & PHP, plus have a lot of time on your hands to solve problems, I wouldn't recommend going with the beta for now. Just my two cents after spending 2 months on my site! When it becomes stable, it should be good.