[CONFIRMED]Full Size Image used on VM 1.1 doesn´t work correctly with IE6

Started by r2d2, September 27, 2007, 23:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r2d2

Hi,

Description:
The new way to show the products' Full-Size Image, doesn´t work correctly with Internet Explorer 6 (IE6)

VirtueMart Version:
VirtueMart 1.1 revision 960

Joomla/Mambo Version:
Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ]

Steps to replicate:
When you click on the Full-Size Image link of any product, using IE6, the new way to show the big image doesn´t work correctly. The image is displayed, but is not shown the new effect correctly (the oppaque display with the big image on a white square). Using FireFox and IE7, it works great

It occurs in both, Simple Layout view and Extended Layout view

Proposed fix(es):
I don´t have any proposed fix. I think the problem may be in the Lighbox code (\components\com_virtuemart\js)

System info:
System info (operating system: Windows XP, web server: Apache 1.3.33, php version: 4.3.10, mysql version: 4.1.9).

Best Regards,

R2D2

r2d2

After breaking my head, and doing tests and searching on Internet (thanks google...!), i founded the solution. I don´t know if it's the best, but at list works... And, here i post it, because it can be usefull for other persons who have the same problem.

Most of Joomla! templates have at the begining of the index.php code, something like this:

<?php
defined
'_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' );
// needed to seperate the ISO number from the language file constant _ISO
$iso split'='_ISO );
// xml prolog
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'$iso[1] .'"?' .'>';
?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="es" xml:lang="es">

Well, we most  ERASE this line

echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $iso[1] .'"?' .'>';

...and that's it.

In others words, Do not add a XML prolog before the DOCTYPE. If you add one, IE6 will not work in standards-compliant mode and Slimbox or lightbox will not display correctly in this browser.

I erased it, and now the lightbox effect works fine on IE6.

greetings

Anthony C.

Confirmed!

can't find the line r2d2 stated.

Database Version: 5.0.45-log
PHP Version: 5.2.4
Web Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
Joomla version: Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC
VM version: 1.1 revision 963
Tempalte: rocketheme

gorbehnare

Therefore this is a joomla! 1.0 template problem.

The lightbox is working properly in IE6, IE7, and Firefox 2.0 using Joomla! 1.5 SVN and their standard Milky_Way template.

There are a ton of things that are not working with different browsers between Joomla! 1.5 SVN and VM 1.1 SVN. I have all kinds of browser compatibility issues. The most annoying ones are related to the RSS Feed for products (however it seems like I'm the only one who has this problem) and also the JScook.js menu will not go to the list of products in Firefox 2.0 (but it works in IE7 and IE7.

r2d2

Quote from: Anthony C. on October 02, 2007, 21:43:00 PM
Confirmed!

can't find the line r2d2 stated.

Hi Anthony.
To find that line, go to the root of your joomla! site, open the template folder, open the template's folder you are using in your site, (in your case rocketheme), and open the index.php file of your template (with Dreamweaver or other editor). You can find the line at the begining of that index.php file. (line 6 in the example i used)

Greetings

Anthony C.

Hi r2d2,

The thing is rocketheme seems not using that line in their templates.

http://www.cctkc.com

view source, then you find no such codes in there.

maybe, I miss something, can you help me to find another way around it?

Thank you,

Anthony