News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

RSS Feeds Not working?

Started by gorbehnare, September 29, 2007, 02:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorbehnare

I go to any product category and click on the RSS icon and I see the following message:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CURRENT_SERVER_TIME - assumed '_CURRENT_SERVER_TIME' in /hermes/web03/b356/pow.rickypersaud/beta/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.feed.php on line 144

The product categories are empty.

VM 1.1 SVN 961
Joomla 1.5 RC2 SVN 9036

gorbehnare

Ok... I did more testing. There are certain things that act differently on different browsers. On my Suse Linux system with Firefox 2.0.0.5 clicking RSS feed generates the error mentioned above. However I got my hands on an old Pentium 2 computer running Windows 2000pro with IE6 and the RSS feed generates the right XML code and no errors.

Windows Server 2003 does the same... Firefox not working, but IE works.

Also the JScook menu is not working properly in firefox. clicking anything will just bring the product category root page, not the child category and the actual products in it. This problem does not exist in IE 6 and IE7.

Now i got to get my hands on some systems with different browsers since it seems like using different browsers makes a huge difference on how the front end behaves.

Right now my config. is:

VM 1.1 SVN 963
Joomla 1.5 SVN 9036

gorbehnare

Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit IE7 RSS feed not working either. Can somebody else verify this issue with your site please.

Is it just my site or VirtueMart, or Joomla?

this new Mootools in Joomla takes almost 8 seconds to load on the fist visit to the site, and JScook takes another 10 seconds to load on a 3mbps DSL line (checked with 4 different systems. I know JS looks good and is very handy and everything but is it actually worth all the performance struggles?

Cheers

Scott Carroll

Can't duplicate the error either.
What version of PHP are you using?

gorbehnare

PHP Built on:       Linux cgi0801.int.bizland.net 2.6.19.2-grsec #1 SMP Mon Feb 5 18:45:14 EST 2007 i686
Database Version:    5.0.45-log
Database Collation:    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.2.1
Web Server:    Apache
Web Server to PHP interface:    cgi
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Endeleo ] 1-September-2007 15:00 GMT
User Agent:    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070717 SUSE/2.0.0.5-4.1 Firefox/2.0.0.5