News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[TRACKER #1438] - VM 1.1 r928 adding product not working in IE

Started by aravot, September 09, 2007, 04:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

Joomla 1.0.12 and Joomla 1.5 r8756
VM 1.1 r928

It could be my computer hence I need some else to try, when trying to add product in IE7 I get following message
QuoteInternet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
http://www.example.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_virtuemart

Operation aborted

topai

Hey!

I've got the same message (and problem) with IE 6.0, so it seems to be the same problem as you have in IE70
This is also with the build 928 og VM 1.1 Beta

macallf

Confirmation of problem.

VM1.1 r928
J! 1.0.12

This is a quote from the extJS team to a similar problem

QuoteThe problem is caused by other scripts writing to the document before it is actually ready or inline scripts accessing elements before the document is fully loaded. There are many third party libs that do this so it wouldn't be a big shocker. If you are using scripts which do a bunch of inline stuff or document.write, onload is probably the easiest solution.

Jack Slocum
Ext JS - Core Development Team

I'm no JS programmer, so I can't offer advice on how to cure this. Although I have seen it before on IE7.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Soeren

The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

technofax

Hi,

Did anyone solve this problem. I'm experiencing the same with the newest dutch version of joomla & the newest version of virtuemart, can't find a solution.

hope you can help

DH

Joomla RC3, VM1.1  nightly build 999 (also since 9XX).

After installed "com_virtuemart_1.1.0.zip" ( with sample data installed also) and also "mod_virtuemart_1.1.0.tar.gz", I tried to add a new product by clicking on "Add Product"  is pop up the notice like
QuoteInternet Explorer could not open the website http://127.0.0.1/joomla/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&vmLayout=extended
Operation terminated

The same problem occur while I try to "Add Category". What a mess!

But it's OK in FIREFOX 2.0.0.x

Any one else who meet the same situation?
---------------------------------------
PHP v5.3.1          |  Apache v2.2.41
MySQL v5.1.41   |  XAMPP 1.7.3
phpMyAdmin v3.2.4
Windows 7 SP1 Professional
---------------------------------------

jongeren

I have the same problem. Is there anyone who have a solution?

jenkinhill

I am unable to duplicate this using IE6SP1 and IE7

Database Version: 4.1.22
PHP Version: 4.4.4
Web Server: Apache
VirtueMart 1.1: Ver. 1002  17th October
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5 Beta3+ Rev 9251 18th October
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nullbarriere

I had the problem (german:Die Internetseite ... konnte nicht ... Vorgang abgebrochen) with IE 7 on Vista, Joomla 1.5, editing a product category.

Went into the problem until strange behavior was confirmed:
Delete mootool.js call - problem is gone (which is no solution tho)
Inserted an alert(hallo) into the joomla template, then into virtuemart template, then in virtuemart header.php, directly before the menu is drawn. strange behavior: if one waits, say, 3 seconds befor hitting OK on the alert, the page loads fine!

Solution: insert a defer attribute in the script-tag where the menu is drawn (third-to-last line in header.php)like this:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" defer="defer">

This should solve it one for all, even for adding products.

I will put this in the tracker as well, to speed things up.

[Edit time=few minutes later]
Well, didnt work for adding products. So i kept digging...and found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917/en-us. Please see the section APPLIES TO...M$ couldnt fix this for ages.

Now the solution: We have to move the menu drawing line to the very bottom of aour component, keeping the defer attribute. I did this by moving (cut&paste) the 3 script lines to the bottom of admin.virtuemart.php.

At least now working: Edit product category and Add product

G'night.