News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[FIXED] UPS shipping module giving error.

Started by aravot, September 04, 2007, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

VM 1.1 revision 916

Selecting UPS shipping module give following error.
QuoteError: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 111210, Error Description: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

Note:
UPS works in VM 1.0.12, so something is off in VM 1.1

unleash.it

It's working fine for me on Joomla 1.5 and PHP 5.25/MySql 5/Apache and VM 1.1. I've never seen this error. Maybe it's your sever configuration? Do you have curl enabled? Are you entering the UPS codes correctly?

Aside from this I didn't have to do anything special to get it working. The only problem I had was after 75 lbs. in the cart, users were charged $0! This was partially fixed by code from thomas_freeman to have it max out at 150lbs. UPS has a limit of 150lbs. per box (but not shipment) and since the the UPS module doesn't currently support multiple boxes it craps out at 75 by default or 150 with the mod. Here's a link to his code: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=24989.msg69432#msg69432. This code is working fine for me so why not include it in the core? Hopefully Soeren would rather fix it completely...?

I agree UPS tracking would be great. I haven't tried it, but I noticed someone has made a hack somewhere on the forum.

aravot

On the same server, I have a site with VM 1.0.13a which UPS works find so I don't think it is cURL issue or server but I could be wrong, need to do more digging, as for Thomas Freeman's 150lbs fix, he is part of the core team and has access to SVN contact him and request him to commit the fix to VM 1.1

Preston Moore

Hi aravot,

I'm getting the same errors:

QuoteError: name lookup timed out
Error: Internal Error processing the Request to UPS.com

I had VM 1.0.13a installed and it worked fine.  I uninstalled .13a and installed 1.1 beta2 and have these two errors.

I checked my ups mod configuration and everything is correct.

Any progress with this yet?

[attachment cleanup by admin]
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

aravot

No progress yet, like you on the same server it works in VM 1.0.13a but not VM 1.1 same config settings.

Preston Moore

Is there a way to disable the greybox for checkout to see if it will work with normal checkout screens?
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

aravot

Admin -> Configuration -> Site (tab) -> Layout (section) -> Configuration -> Customer Checkout in a popup (GreyBox)? 'NO'

Preston Moore

I knew it was somewhere, just couldn't remember!  Thanks.  I'm now also having a problem registering a new customer.  I just get a pop up saying to make sure the form is complete and valid???

Preston Moore

Nope.  Same result without the greybox.  It just made me wonder because I can't register new customers now either.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Preston Moore

I was just about to post my idiocy...I didn't enable "must agree to terms of service" and it was required in user fields  :P

Anyway, I've got that straightened out, but now when creating a new customer in the greybox, it redirects to the homepage inside of the greybox after registering.  I'm reading a couple of the other threads on this but I'm wondering if it has to do with JPromoter's SEF URL's...