Author Topic: Itemid not consistant  (Read 2576 times)

Dallas Thiele

• Beginner
Itemid not consistant
« on: July 26, 2007, 18:57:23 pm »
This is really caused me a few days of headaches. I can't seem to figure out why the itemid doesn't follow the customer though our store. I basically have two sections (mens and womens) and I have menu items I created in the menu part of joomla that takes them to the store. Men's has a itemid of 58; Women's 59. But by default virtuemart is keeping 58 for the entire store. I've done a little hacking of some pages to get it working but I still have issues with when they click on a product and if they go to the next page when browsing the store. Men's always works but women's shows some men's stuff.

The best I've been able to deduce is that it starts a session for each person and is setting itemid to 58. Is there a way to make the session data change based on the section they go to?

Any ideas?

crackdaddy

Re: Itemid not consistant
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 19:18:16 pm »
i pretty sure the itemid you are describing has nothing to do with a category id or as you call it a section..
how are making the vm menu to your categories? that seem to be the issue, you should be using a new menu that is create on the fly from the database, from the vm component.

Dallas Thiele

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 19:30:08 pm »
You could be right. Maybe I need to look at the category id instead. You can see what I'm talking about by going to my store. http://www.shopstaxx.com/index.php

crackdaddy

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 22:57:21 pm »
yes, you menu items are screwed up, it is best to use the vm menu module, to get the ids (complete urls to the categories)from ..to use in your top menu, since you use both vm and vm items in it