Author Topic: Really Need to Record Product Searches!  (Read 2651 times)

Amanda1864

• Beginner
Really Need to Record Product Searches!
« on: July 13, 2007, 16:14:02 pm »
Hi All, I have searched and searched and posted about a month ago on this...I really need to see what my customers are searching for on my site so I know what to add and which products are needed most. 

Is there anyway I can see the search string or record them in the database?  I am not a programmer but I can usually figure this stuff out pretty quickly if somone can point me in the right direction it would be GREATLY appreciated! :) 

I don't need anything fancy for now but just knowing where to look in my database would be awesome!!!

EyeScream

• Beginner
Re: Really Need to Record Product Searches!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 15:11:58 pm »
Maybe you could try BSQ Sitestats?
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/bsq_sitestats/

I´m using it myself and it does the job just fine!

Good luck!

/..EyeScream

Amanda1864

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 16:40:49 pm »
Thanks EyeScream, but that appears to be just another stats program. (Looks like a good one though!)

I am looking for a way to see what customers are typing into the VirtueMart Product Search box and to record or log the search strings so I know which categories I should be working on filling out.

I had over 1000 searches on my site last month and it would be super helpful to know what the customers are looking for so I can provide more of it.

wuwa

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 11:36:09 am »
BSQ Sitestats

Thats a great tool, search strings are logged into the database, in table: jos_bsq_hit
than export to Excel or something and filter it out. look for: keyword={search value}

between {} is what ppl fill into the search box.