Author Topic: Adding Excel File Upload option to product_csv module  (Read 333903 times)

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
Re: Adding Excel File Upload option to product_csv module
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2007, 19:12:21 pm »
First check whether your excel file is correct. Then make sure your language and ISO in the Joomla configuration is correct. Also your Joomla backend should also be in utf-8.
If all these settings are in place, the xls upload should handle utf-8 properly. PM me if you have further problem.

Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2007, 17:52:23 pm »
Brad,

I didn't encounter problems like that before. That could be something unrelated to excel file upload but I don't have time to investigate this right now. Maybe you can try replacing ' and " with ' and " and see the effect.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

MCMuckle

« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2007, 23:15:39 pm »
Hi,  Thanks for this hack.  At the risk of appearing really dumb can I just clarify something from the readme that I don't get?  The first line says

1. unpack the zip files and upload all files to joomla or mambo
      administration folder.

I have 'administrator' folder, not 'administration'

Is that the one?

Thanks

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2007, 23:25:58 pm »
Sorry for the confusion. Actually, you just need to upload the administrator folder to the Joomla root.

vkiwi

• Beginner
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2007, 01:13:41 am »
Here is an updated version (0.6) of the hack which include
1. several bug fixes including problems with ps_csv and Excel Reader.
2. Added export to Excel file function (the file is actually Excel XML format and is not actual XLS file. But it can be read by Excel recent versions)
3. Added multi-language support which detects your encoding automatically and uses it to set the import encoding.

Let me know if there are problems.
Hello I get this:
Error: Function Not Registered. product_xls is not a valid MOS_com_phpShop function.

Hi I also get this error message "Error: Function Not Registered. export_xls is not a valid MOS_com_phpShop function."

any ideas on how to fix this?

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2007, 01:26:41 am »
Please search through the forum or check the doucmentation with the hack before posting your problem. Thanks.

vkiwi

• Beginner
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2007, 01:18:37 am »
I have spent 2 hours searching and only found that you need to download the lastest HACK (VERSION 6) which I have done and am still gettnig this error ""Error: Function Not Registered. export_xls is not a valid MOS_com_phpShop function.""
Can this be caused by the server configuration?

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2007, 01:43:56 am »
Not sure why you can't find the solution. I've answered similar questions at least twice. This is one of the link
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=27154.msg85497#msg85497

jano

• Beginner
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2007, 12:20:31 pm »
Hello Joseph,

thank's for your work.

I read whole discussion and I have the same problem with diacritical mark as some users ... the last is Sotir Rangelov. I have all in utf-8 (database, joomla 1.0.13 - also backend, Excel file product upload 0.6, mbstring, iconv, _ISO='utf-8' in language files ...) and when I have diacritical mark (for instance "č" in category path), then I obtain bad import. Excel is correct, because I in your sample.xls file change only RIM to "RIMča čača" and it wouldn't work correct.

Jano

Some time later:

I now look into MySQL and is utf_8_general_ci. There is badly write "RIMča čača". When I handly correct this, then I have correct output. The problem is somewhere in writing data to MySQL.

Excuse me my English ...

-----------------------------

Some time later:   ... in ps_xls.php is probably bug:

Code: [Select]
// if (function_exists('iconv')) {
// $this->xls->setUTFEncoder(''); // bug
// replace with:

if (function_exists('iconv')) {
$this->xls->setUTFEncoder();

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Peter

• Beginner
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2007, 02:03:28 am »
Joseph, thank you for your fine hack

All the products I have in my site have default shopper and also retail shopper prices. I cannot figure how to include the retail shopper prices in the downloaded xls file

Suggestions anyone?

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2007, 08:54:46 am »
I don't think csv download will apply to the product price table. Product price upload works, though. The xls upload/download just makes use the existing csv functions. If you have a product price in excel format, it would not be difficult to format it in the form required for xls upload.

Peter

• Beginner
Re: downloading other prices in adition to default price in xls hack
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2007, 05:16:06 am »
thanks Joseph. Shame really, as it will be a help to many I would suspect
P

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2007, 22:03:35 pm »
Try turning error reporting to maximum in Joomla/Configuration to see if there are any php error.
For product url, see this board http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=58.0

smugl3r

• Beginner
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2007, 16:39:47 pm »
I have a problem when uploading classes into com_virtuemart? Filezilla always gives this error : com_virtuemart/classes/excel/reader.php: No such file or directory
Critical error

How can i solve this problem?

THX in advance

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2007, 18:15:16 pm »
Are you uploading the file to the proper dirctory? The directory should be off your Joomla root directory /administrator. If folder destination is correct, try manually create the folder com_virtuemart/classes/excel off this directory.