News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[FIXED] State/Province/Region: missing during checkout

Started by ZenMasta, March 30, 2007, 19:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenMasta

This is my first time using Vmart and I noticed during a test checkout that State/Province/Region:     was missing which left that value blank. This is also a problem for tax purposes because orders will not be charged proper tax and so you will have to call/email customers informing them of the mistake and that there is going to be an additional charge to their order.

thomas_freeman

There is an option in the first tab of the main store configuration to allow the customer to select their state..  Check the box.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]http://www.KustomServices.com   -   Donations[/td][/tr][/table]

oldsteel68

same problem here, my box is checked but still missing

Glen Chancy

Hello,

I am not new to Virtuemart, but I am having exactly this same problem with a new site running 1.0.12 Virtuemart and 1.0.12 Joomla

The state information is provided by the customer on the form, but is missing from the confirmation string. This appears to be resulting in bad tax calculations. Regardless of the customer's state, tax is being assessed.

(I used to have to hack the product script to get rid of the per-item taxes to fix that, but I was expecting that later releases would have that fix.)

In any case, the state is missing on the confirmation information but is on the email that goes out to the site admin and the customer.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Trigg21

I am having the same problem. I checked the box in the config. The text box for the state/region shows up correctly when the customer is inputting their address.

But the state doesn't show in the address in the checkout page.

if the customer continues everything works fine/ the state shows up correctly in the emails

For customer confidence it would be nice to fix this.

joomla/vmart 1.0.12

Trigg21

its on the complete order section of the checkout is where the state is not showing

I'm also only using paypal ans the payment method.

thanks

Trigg21

this is what i mean, right before i get sent to paypal

Trigg21

kazooit

Please help, I am having the same problem but can't locate where to check the box..I looked in Admin global config and various other places but can't seem to find it, and this missing field is causing me to loose sales.(There is an option in the first tab of the main store configuration to allow the customer to select their state..  Check the box.)

Thank you

kinsh

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. The field State/Province is not showing the dropdown on frontend as well as in backend- store summary.None of the solutions seem to be working. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

SimonHodgkiss

I don't seem to have the option in the admin pages to select this?
Thanks Simon Hodgkiss

Happy to help where I can.