News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Admin layout broken upon 1.1 initial install due to file permissions?

Started by deneb, March 21, 2007, 23:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deneb

MP/YP?
(My Problem or Your Problem?)

Description:
When I install a fresh version of the 1.1 beta1 from the forge or built from SVN, my VM admin menu gets hosed.
..the vertical menu that's supposed to be on the left is now fully expanded, centered and fills the page width, and the rest of the vm dashboard is way down the page. AND VM acts weird...no JAVA/AJAX or something?
sorry, no screenshots.

VirtueMart Version:
VM 1.1.0.b1
VM 1.1.0.b1 rev 784

Joomla/Mambo Version:

J! 1.0.12

Steps to replicate:
Start with fresh J! install without VM ever installed.
I have Joomla managing file/folder permissions (files: 644 / folders: 755)
Install the main VM component.
Look at results page of install. or go to VM admin

...go to Joomla Global Config > Server > File Creation section
check the box " Apply to existing files " under the CHMOD new files   to: 644
(applying 755 perms to folders did not solve...must be files with wrong perms)
safe the J! config
go to VM admin
Menu is nice now and the new stuff works.

Proposed fix(es):

TBD

Bugtracker task #:

TBD

System info:

PHP built On:    Linux 2.6.9-42.0.8.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jan 30 12:33:47 EST 2007 i686
Database Version: 4.1.21-standard
PHP Version: 5.0.5
Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
Relevant PHP Settings:
Joomla! Register Globals Emulation: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Magic Quotes: ON
Safe Mode: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Session auto start: OFF
Session save path: /tmp
Short Open Tags: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open

So I look in the VM admin files/folders after fresh install...top level files and folders in /com_virtuemart have correct perms (/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/)
But the sub level folder contents are at 777. Hope this helps.

tomsowerby

I had this issue with J! v 1.0.12 and VM 1.1.0 using siteground hosting, did the file permission change using joomla, but had to change all files with CHMOD 777  to 755 before it would work... ended up having to do it manually because the ftp programs didn't seem to be effective... there's quite a few...
Looks sweet now that it's working though. Just thought I'd let the world know.

DMA

Hi tomsowerby!

Have you tried SmartFTP http://www.smartftp.com/?
There is a "Apply changes to subfolders and files" option.

/DMA

ciar4n

Had the same problem with J! v1.0.13 and VM 1.1.0

Smartftp works a dream. Two minutes fixed the problem. Simply CHMOD /administrator/components/com_virtuemart & /components/com_virtuemart from 777 to 755 with the "Apply changes to subfolders and files" option. (Thanks DMA!)

Also to note.. was getting the same problem on a number of domains all of which hosted on siteground.com

ciaran

Ward2South

I've been having this problem with J! 1.5 RC3 with even the most recent builds. I can't seem to figure out why. Any help?