News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart versus osCommerce

Started by pjean, January 16, 2007, 10:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjean

Hello,

using VM since some months. Reallly a nice software. But there is one thing, which makes me thoughtful:

The performance! It's rather poor. I have checked a lot of VM Shops, and I have to say,
compared with osCommerce shop system, there is a big difference of performance.
Using osCommerce is like switching light on and off. Really not bad. And I have checked a lot
of osCommerce sites....what are the reasons for that difference of speed?

Tino Triste

I have noticed the same, I have various Joomla sites hosted on the same server and the one that uses VirtueMart tends to be slower.

usasportstraining

Perhaps with very large sites, but I came from using osCommerce and am much happier with Virtuemart.

I haven't had problems with speed so far, except from work (different issue).  If you have hundreds of products and users, then maybe you'll notice a big difference.  Not sure...

The problem with osCommerce is that you're changing the core files with many of the contributions.  The more or bigger the contributions you add, the more problems you run into along the way. 

Joomla/Virtuemart are modular and much less buggy.
All your triathlon training needs.  Triathlon Training Gear, Books, DVD  Swim, bike, run!

jdam

I came also from OSC & I'm happy with Joomla  e-commerce edition which is the Virtuemart
I have nothing against with both side because however I believe that OSC is a dead project
& the future of e-commerce is with Joomla Virturemart.  ;D

-Jd
Web identity solutions bridge humanities and technologies for a better future!

-www.jdam.us