Author Topic: Integration Problem - IE Browser redirection flaw!  (Read 2420 times)

Paul

• Beginner
Integration Problem - IE Browser redirection flaw!
« on: April 01, 2007, 16:47:42 pm »
I am going to post this here just incase someone can help or has experienced a similar problem. I have also posted in Joomla and SMF and Virtuemart. I want to find out if this could be a problem that was caused after the installation of either VirtueMart or JcalPro (I think as Im sure it worked properly before) so here goes:

Hi All,

Well I hope someone can possibly help with this as it is very frustrating. Basically to keep the problem short, When a user logs in / out in firefox they are redirected to the page they were on when the y logged in / out. However in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 It redirects them back to the HOMEPAGE. I really don't want that....

Okay 1st things first.

I have been talking with SMF (Simple Machines Forum) and the bridge Developer (HERO) 'Orstio'. He is trying to help me on this situation but it is a strange one. You can see our conversation at:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=161320.0

Please take a look at that conversation as it helps to understand the problem but it basically say that

It looks to me like the session is being erased somewhere....
Then I have no idea what else would be wiping the session like that.  The return URL should be stored in $_SESSION['return'].
Everything seems OK, except for the $_SESSION['return'] variable, which doesn't seem to make it back to the bridge intact.  I am definitely puzzled.

In the joomla admin - module - smf login I have the settings set properly in order for redirection to the page they were on when the logged in / out and Orstio has checked the settings himself and stated that everything looks fine! The module is also published (just in case someone asks)!

I use Joomla 1.0.12, SMF 1.1.2, SMF Official Bridge 1.1.7, VirtueMart 1.0.10, and JCcal Pro 1.5.3 (Calendar Module)

So, Is there anyone out there who can work out or understand why the $_SESSION['return'] variable is playing up like this. I can provide access or publish any code wanted for inspection if that is what is needed. (Hey i would do anything to get this fixed... ahhmm.... ahm.) If you check the SMF Forum Link above you will see the php code for the login mod.

Note: Orstio has been a huge help and I just wanted to note that I have got this far in my cms adventures due to his advice and guidance. I was a complete beginner 3 months ago.

My website (In development) is - www.rpmmagazine.co.uk/rpm/

I want to thank now anyone that can help in this matter now.

PAUL aka eyebrowpaul

krossi

• Beginner
Re: Integration Problem - IE Browser redirection flaw!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:34:02 am »
I'm having this same problem, did anyone ever figure it out?