News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS Limit Choices By Shipping Times

Started by jimtomas, September 14, 2006, 21:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimtomas

It appears in the UPS module we are given a time quote, how long it will take to ship an item. We are shipping meat and cheese that have to be shipped quickly. The type of shipping is not our concern (Ground, Air, 2nd Day), the amount of time it takes to ship is very important. We want to limit the choices our customers recieve to only those choices that take 2 days. Does such a hack or module exsist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jimtomas

I met with a UPS business representative today. He explained what data was provided in the XML, it looks like this is very possible. Before diving in to hack the current shipping module I just hope I'm not duplicating any work already done.

Thanks,
Jim

jimtomas

Ok, getting somewhere. What I need to do is limit the shipping choices by only those that can be guaranteed in two days (or less). This is important since people living close have no reason to pay 2nd day or overnight, when it will go ground with UPS anayway.

My PHP skills are so so, but this is what I have found. I need to setup logic within UPS.php to only show shipping choices where the GuaranteedDaysToDelivery are less than or equal to two days.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I am chugging away, albeit slowly.

Thanks,
Jim Tomas

jimtomas

Somewhat confused here. It appears the UPS shipping module does not show any time quote for ground shipping???? Why? This is the only reason why you would even care about a time quote, bizzare...

I'm hacking away here. Without figuring out why I can't get a guaranteed days to delivery for UPS ground, my hack is not yet that valuable.

Here's what I have so far:

inside of UPS.php

On or about line 475 after the line
// END CUSTOM CODE - added by deneb

add this----->

if ($value['GuaranteedDaysToDelivery'] < 3) {

<-----Where "3" is the value greater than the number of days your product can be in transit.

Then close the "{" on or about line 501, just after another "{".

Thats it.

I'll clean up this code as soon as I figure out the UPS ground quote problems, hopefully I can post the full hack.