News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS shipping module doesn't seem to be working

Started by undoIT, August 11, 2006, 19:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undoIT

I have installed Joomla 1.0.10 and Virtuemart 1.0.6.   Trying to get the UPS shipping module working but it always hangs when i click next to get to shipping methods during the checkout process.

I have a UPS account and I have signed up for UPS Online Tools and received an access key for both the HTML and XML version of UPS Rates & Service Selection.  I have entered all of the correct information for the access code, user id and password in the UPS shipping module configuration.  I've tried this for both the default shipping module that is installed with VM 1.0.6 and also for the UPS_shipping_1.5b version that can be downloaded on this forum.

It hangs everytime so I can't even see any debug information.  Is there anything I am missing in setting up and configuring for UPS shipping module?  Is there a bug in the module?

If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.  Also, a beginner's tutorial for configuring the UPS shipping module would be very helpful.  I'd be happy to write one up once I get this working.

Thanks in advance,  Sean

Grendel

Do all of your products have weights assigned to them?  I found if they do not have weight filled in the cart hangs.

undoIT

Thanks for the reply.  Went through all the products and found a couple i had added later and forgotten to put in the weights.   Seems to still be hanging though.  What about product dimensions?  I don't have anything entered under Product Dimensions and Weight other than the weights.  Length, width and height are all set to 0.  Could that be causing it to hang?

undoIT

Okay.  Went through and made sure that weights were entered for all products.  Then added in fake dimensions 5x5x5 for each product.  Still hangs.  Any other settings that might be causing it to hang?

undoIT

FINALLY!!!  After spending all day busting my brain on this UPS module hanging problem, found the solution.  It seems that people who are hosting their site with Godaddy will have the same problem.  The ups.php file needs to be modified with a snippet of code.

If you are hosted on Godaddy and having the UPS module active is causing the checkout process to hang, please visit this thread to fix the problem:

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=9635.0

Yabba Dabba

Happy to see you've fixed your current problem.

Are you accessing ups behind an ssl certificate?

Any problems with secure access?

tgcpres

Newbie here, with same hanging check out when UPS module activated. I see some code you posted earlier above, but where do I even start to look where to insert this code???

thanks

TGCPRES