Author Topic: streamlining the checkout process...  (Read 9821 times)

mikepee

• Beginner
streamlining the checkout process...
« on: November 07, 2004, 00:09:50 am »
Does anyone have any information on streamlining the check out process...

I want to get rid of the required registration... if people put in a fake email that's there problem...

Also if there is only one shipping method then why even show the shipping method screen... how do I get rid of it... or where is the code kept so I can do the work myself.

And I only have one payment method, Paypal, how can I get phpshop to go straight from 'confirm order' to the paypal website with out having to click the 'pay with paypal ' button.  once again just tell me where the code is or if you have somthing already done up let me know.

I can't find any of the code I need to change this stuff.  I'm no idiot, so I must be missing something obvious.

These are all the same issues I've been trying to resolve with phpshop since I first tried it 3 years ago (grant it then I didn't know crap about php) I just figured I'd give it time and someone else, who knew php,  would get as frustrated as me and fix it.  Now I know php well enough to fix it but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Thanks!
Mike

Danny Locksmith

Re:streamlining the checkout process...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 03:04:01 am »
I think that there are now three or four of us who would like to re work this.

Someone said that they had done it and would post the code but it has not appeared yet.

I would collaborate on a little project to remove the need to select shipping and payment methods when there is only one.

It would be much easier to get customers to part with their money if they had less work to do!

Checkout.php is the obvious place to start.

Soeren

• Administrator
  • VirtueMart Starter
    • virtuemart.net
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 14:14:07 pm »
Hello,
this is a good point to start.
The checkout process in mambo-phpShop is hacky and tricky. As two big steps I finished pulling out Shipping and Payment. Both parts are now modularized and have their own logic and API.
Next step is to clean up the checkout \"framework\" which - as you said - is mainly controlled via \"/html/checkout.index.php\" and \"/classes/ps_checkout.php\".

btw: I once already had built in a redirect to the next step when only one payment method was available, but then people complained about that this step was skipped - they thought it was a bug.

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

martyn

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 18:03:37 pm »
I agree that the checkout should go straight to the payment choice rather than have to click on \"pay with paypal/worldpay\". I am about to go live with a store as the current process works but i was going to look into changing it. I am only learning php at the moment  :blink:  so it wouldve most probably been messy. If it i going to go ahead then i will let the masters do it!  ;)

Danny Locksmith

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 19:31:53 pm »
Wrong attitude Martyn!

I had never played with PHP before I built my first shop a couple of months ago. I have waited since then for someone else to do it.

Now I guess I shall have to do it myself, but I know I can rely on help from these forums when I get stuck, which I will!!!

If you can make ANY progress there will be a whole bunch of really gratefull people here and the next version of phpShop will be better

traxx

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 08:16:34 am »
What can we do in the meant time customize those pages? Can you shar emore details as to what pages are involved in the checkout process?

Danny Locksmith

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 12:30:43 pm »
I finally have my development environment set up.
I have apache, MySQL and MAMBO installed on my Windows 2000 machine.
I have installed the RC1 shop.
I am about to install the ZEND Development environmet and will use the 30 days free trial to work through this.

I will post my results as soon as I have them.

In the mean time, any file called checkout is a good place to look!

HFactor

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 14:15:34 pm »
Hello,
this is a good point to start.
The checkout process in mambo-phpShop is hacky and tricky. As two big steps I finished pulling out Shipping and Payment. Both parts are now modularized and have their own logic and API.
Next step is to clean up the checkout \"framework\" which - as you said - is mainly controlled via \"/html/checkout.index.php\" and \"/classes/ps_checkout.php\".

btw: I once already had built in a redirect to the next step when only one payment method was available, but then people complained about that this step was skipped - they thought it was a bug.
ciao, soeren

hi soeren,

i need that. Please dont find me rude but i have been living in hell with this need around.I need it and please provide me with that redirection.I am happy with it.please.

I have many projects to use mambo-phpshop and majority needs that functionality.please find me sincere, in need of your concern and consideration.

oh God!, really tired of thie redirection to confirm order when there is only payment.

I am in verge of crying and exhausted.No help and no concern shown by no one.

Hoping that you would send me a copy of those files and waiting anxiously for it

Hfactor

FluidDruid23

• Beginner
Re: streamlining the checkout process...
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 13:32:01 pm »
I would love to get this redirect for one of my shops too.

PLEASE post some code for us!  :-*

Matt
FluidDruid23

Soeren

• Administrator
  • VirtueMart Starter
    • virtuemart.net
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 14:08:08 pm »
Please have a look at the date of this topic. It is old.
This functionality is built-in in VirtueMart 1.0.x (update when necessary!).

ciao, Soeren

FluidDruid23

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 14:13:46 pm »
I have v1.0.1 for this client.

Please tell me how I can skip the Shipping Method step whilst still including the shipping in the calculation.

Thanks,

Matt
FluidDruid23

Soeren

• Administrator
  • VirtueMart Starter
    • virtuemart.net
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 11:45:30 am »
Sorry, but this is currently not possible.

ciao, Soeren