Author Topic: A new module : lastproduct_details.  (Read 3812 times)

pangel

• Beginner
A new module : lastproduct_details.
« on: May 25, 2006, 05:14:48 am »
Hi !
I was dealing with a peculiar problem : i need one of my menuitems to link to the flypage of a product. It must be the latest product of some category.

After some trials, I eventually built up a module with mod_latestprod as a base.

This is how the module works : You unpublish your module and select from wich category you want to show the last item description.
Then you need modulebot to put it in a content item. Then you get your menuitem linking to the contentitem. and now the page will automatically redirect to the flypage of your latest product.

Another way is to publish the module only on some page. You don't need modulebot anymore and the module still does it's work.

I made it because it fulfilled my needs : each month a new product will be released in my shop (a newspaper). The flypage contains a summary, so for now the redirection type is 302 Found (it is easy to change). I hope it is compliant with SEO/SEF.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

GumboYaYa

• Beginner
Re: A new module : lastproduct_details.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:03:33 pm »
Then you need modulebot to put it in a content item. Then you get your menuitem linking to the contentitem. and now the page will automatically redirect to the flypage of your latest product.

Sorry to get a bit offtopic, but I am looking for a possibility to link directly to a product's flypage from the mainmenu. Ideally having both options "Link - VirtueMart Category" and "Link - VirtueMart Product" in the "New Menu Item" window.

I would like to test the modulebot thingie ... but I can't find it anywhere? Is it a module? Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance

pangel

• Beginner
Re: A new module : lastproduct_details.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 14:04:01 pm »
Here you can find the sourceforge modulebot's project page :
http://developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/modulebot