Author Topic: Creating Gift Wrap Mod!  (Read 4001 times)

myth2112

Creating Gift Wrap Mod!
« on: May 24, 2006, 22:42:17 pm »
Hello all!
Im about to begin on a modification to create a gift wrap option with my paltry PHP skills and was looking for some info before I began.

1) Im thinking of using a radio button to select/deselect the gift wrap option in the  virtuemart "Global configuration" tab.  and also configure how much money the gift wrap will cost the customer. eg $4.00 per item x # of items.

Where can I find this file?

2)From reading the developers manual, Im assuming that I will have to add a text box for the gift message in 2 of the 4 shopping cart pages (I wont be adding to the B2B cart pages).
Which table should I edit to save the gift message in the database?   

3) It also has to be added to the checkout and order emails as well, but I think I have this portion figured.

Any advice on where/how to start?

All replies welcome.

gwen

Re: Creating Gift Wrap Mod!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 22:39:47 pm »
hi,

begin by looking at
basket.php
checkout.index.php

look for the testarea where the customer add a comment to the shop and simply add a new field

let me know if this is enough for you ?

Gwen ex-dev team member. I used virtuemart to build www.doudouplanet.com a very good experience for me !

huub

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 22:49:58 pm »
I desperatly want to know how to add a extra field .... I managed to add the html to checkout.index.php (so the extra field shows in the frontend already), but how can I save the value in the database and have it mentioned in the emails?

Finding out how to do this would really help me a lot.

gwen

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 22:52:13 pm »
you'll have to modify the db structure...

in my case I use the field already used for the comments and just change the text above "please leave a message to us or to the receiver"
Gwen ex-dev team member. I used virtuemart to build www.doudouplanet.com a very good experience for me !