Author Topic: [PAYMENT METHOD] PAYPAL - Currency Converter by Deneb  (Read 76362 times)

Francis Yap

• Beginner
Re: [PAYMENT METHOD] PAYPAL - Currency Converter by Deneb
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 05:48:54 am »
I need this modification make on my site also, I receive the same massage from PayPal

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I also do all the possible check and find out I dun have

daily currency exchange rate file

as deneb mention in  Reply #3 on:, can anyone give me guide how to generate this file.

Many thanks.

Francis Yap

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 09:46:38 am »
anyone can lend me a hand?

Francis Yap

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 03:49:44 am »
I need someone give me a hint how to do, please ...

MoonWizard

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 16:53:31 pm »
Hello everybody!

I am making a virtuemart shop for Mexico... obviously PayPal doesn't still accept Mexican Peso and it is supposed that with this solution the currency will be converted to USD, isn't it?

Is this solution compatible with the latest release 1.0.15?

Best regards!

MoonWizard

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 17:49:58 pm »
A pity....

Followed all instructions exactly and

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

It is a pity that we can't use paypal in countries that their currencies are not allowed in Paypal.

Thanks deneb for your work. I'm always wondering why PayPal always make things so complicated.

A pity...

gaswaru

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 19:32:12 pm »
Hi,
I'm totally new to this and drowning in this too...  :-[

I am developing the a site that use Malaysian Ringgit as default currency and need to be process in SGD in Paypal.

I have try using the package mention at the start of the thread but still no luck....

hope some one can help me... many many thanks!!

gaswaru

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 15:48:07 pm »
any help please please....

Hi,
I'm totally new to this and drowning in this too...  :-[
I am developing the a site that use Malaysian Ringgit as default currency and need to be process in SGD in Paypal.
I have try using the package mention at the start of the thread but still no luck....
hope some one can help me... many many thanks!!

thoman

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 19:51:51 pm »
I been trying out this hack and its not really working with our MYR Malaysian Ringgit, I cannot think of any other problem. I did change with other currency and it working $paypal_currencies =
array("USD","CAD","AUD","EUR","GBP","JPY");

Anyone got a solution to my problem....

Have a nice day...

popobot

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:00 am »
Hi,

Will this work with Virtuemart 1.1? Please help. Thanks in advance.

MoonWizard

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 23:34:37 pm »
Any updates on this module? Will be nice... :)

yakusza

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 15:27:43 pm »
Hi

After doin some testing..i found out that, the currency conversion by deneb is only works on VM 1.0-1.0.13a only,it will not works on VM 1.0.15 and VM1.1..

I've tested is in VM1.0.13a and works right a way..but when use it on VM 1.0.15,it will show the error as others recieved.. compatible issue myb ,mr deneb?

my 2cent.

maheshasher

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 08:44:13 am »
hi!
I have got a work around for this problem. All I had done is added a code provided by http://www.yourcurrencyconverter.com for virtuemart. Now since paypal does not accept Indian Rupees from a buyer, you can select your default currency as US Dollar and List of accepted currencies as US Dollar for your shop. While adding prices for the products convert the price of the product to US dollar and put it in dollars. Add this magical code provided by http://yourcurrencyconvertor.com as directed by them in their user manual for virtuemart. Thats it! the prices of the product gets displayed in both US Dollars and Indian Rupees and also you can receive the payment in US dollars at the same time maintaining the transparency between the US dollars and Indian Rupees conversion to Indian customers.
The only Problem I felt in the above process is, I have to update the prices of my products if the the dollar rate changes frequently (but it is ok, it does not make much difference) so now no more errors

"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency"

Thank you Virtuemart and Joomla! the future of ecommerce...Hats off

You can view my site on http://veditsolutions.com

Please feel free to write to me at mahesh.asher@gmail.com

weeonesbyjajoc

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 18:56:55 pm »
hi!
I have got a work around for this problem. All I had done is added a code provided by http://www.yourcurrencyconverter.com for virtuemart. Now since paypal does not accept Indian Rupees from a buyer, you can select your default currency as US Dollar and List of accepted currencies as US Dollar for your shop. While adding prices for the products convert the price of the product to US dollar and put it in dollars. Add this magical code provided by http://yourcurrencyconvertor.com as directed by them in their user manual for virtuemart. Thats it! the prices of the product gets displayed in both US Dollars and Indian Rupees and also you can receive the payment in US dollars at the same time maintaining the transparency between the US dollars and Indian Rupees conversion to Indian customers.
The only Problem I felt in the above process is, I have to update the prices of my products if the the dollar rate changes frequently (but it is ok, it does not make much difference) so now no more errors
"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency"
Thank you Virtuemart and Joomla! the future of ecommerce...Hats off
You can view my site on http://veditsolutions.com
Please feel free to write to me at mahesh.asher@gmail.com

So by using the method you did now you've lost your automatic currency converter is my thinking correct?

w259lkt

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 14:20:51 pm »
I just modded deneb converter for Virtuemart 1.1.x.
check this post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51168.0

sundar

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 15:39:03 pm »
@mahesh this one is interest but we have to add daily manually for all products tats not possible