Author Topic: downloadable mp3 shop with mini mp3 player  (Read 18127 times)

dforce

• Beginner
downloadable mp3 shop with mini mp3 player
« on: April 20, 2006, 18:53:29 pm »
hi to all,

at first great to have the possibility to sell downloadable products in virtuemart. i´m a musican bored of the record companies, that wants to sell his own music online.

my problem is the mp3 preview at the product (song) that should be played via a play button or flash mp3 player. i know it´s possible to add files to a product using the built-in product filemanager, but as an GEMA member like the most musicans, its not allowed that the demo is downloadable!

so i found the mini mp3 player (perfect for musicans) and asked the programmer (my newbie question):
"will it be possible to use the mini mp3 player in future as well with the products of virtuemart (at the moment it works only in joomlas content)."

the answer:
"sorry i´m the wrong person for that question, but if the programmers of virtuemart allow their componets to get access to the joomla mambots/ plug-ins it´s possible to use mini mp3 player there also. may be you should post that to the virtuemart forum..."

so my question: would that feature be a huge amount of work, or could that be integrated in a near update?

all the best, oliver

Eiteall

• LIGHTENING MAY STRIKE MY KIDNEYS
Re: downloadable mp3 shop with mini mp3 player
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 04:44:30 am »

Shibumi

• ** on hiatus **
  • if it aint broke, there must be something wrong
    • Shibumi Design Studios
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.0.20b
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:57:38 am »
Hi,

If you are using the JCEditor, you can add flash, quicktime or windows media content to your description page... I have made many small flash mp3 players that streams audio, you make a mp3 player in flash with your audio content, then add the flash to your page, then the visitor can play the audio sample and decide wether or not to buy it.  I am building a web site for a computer store that is focusing on the computer-music industry and Digital Audio Workstation systems and MIDI setups.

The best thing to do, is record short (15-30 second) audio clips that you want to use as samples, create a flash player, import the audio clip... then upload the flash .swf files to your images/stories/whatever folder, and using the JCEditor with the media plugin, add your flash file to your description page.  Visitors will not be able to download the clip, but they will be able to play it.

If you want to see this working, pm me and I will send you the link to see it in action!

Cheers
Jeff
=================================================
Scionergy.com - www.Scionergy.com
Scion Owners Club of Ottawa - www.ScionOwnersClubOttawa.ca
Capital Door Service - www.CapitalDoorService.com - VM2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11 PHP5.2.11 powered site

dforce

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 10:15:39 am »
thank you for the quick answers! i`ll try that.
all the best, oliver

velocis

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 19:14:11 pm »
For one of my projects I used WimpyPlayer... This way you just keep adding the mp3
files to a directory and it adds them to your player... maybe not what you want
but its quick way to preview all your stuff from one player rather than having to
go into each product..

example running here. on left hand side. (low quality sound due to it only being speech)

http://www.victoriahansen.com/

jyothish

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 16:25:29 pm »
hello.. there is another way you can emedded your music preview in a small flash button just uploaded it your web directory and put the url in the page . when ever the visitor click they can hear a small preview.
here is the example. just click here for preview and enjoy..!

dforce

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 19:32:16 pm »
hi 2 all again,

now i solved my problems with the mgmediabot and that very helpful post that allows you to use mambots in product details:
http://virtuemart.de/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&?topic=19348.msg47715;topicseen#msg47715

thanks for your help and all the best, oliver