News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

API payment module for CyberSource Gateway

Started by macphoto, April 11, 2006, 19:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macphoto

Greetings!

I'm in need of an API module developed for CyberSource.com
I'm a designer not a programer. Please reply w/ cost and turnaround time.
You can download the CyberSource API user guide that's attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Trinners

Were you able to get a cybersource payment mod for Virtuemart?

macphoto

No, I never did.  And all CyberSource did was throw me a scripting manual.
Pretty much to say... "Do it your self!" We went with 2CO.com anyway.

mrosile

Hey everyone, I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, however I'm starting development on a CyberSource payment module for VirtueMart.  I'm currently a customer of CyberSource and we currently use their PHP API to process payments.

I'm a firm believer in NOT re-inventing the wheel and I really didn't want to have to create a content management system along with an e-commerce shopping cart.  Then I heard about Joomla and not too long after, VirtueMart.

I think its great that Joomla and VirtueMart are still under active development and most importantly, open source and free.

Anyway ... I'm going to try and have a working CyberSource module in about 1-2 months time.  If there is anyone who would like to either help with this project or would like to help in testing and providing feedback, please let me know!

macphoto

I think this is great that you've chosen to take this project on.  Unfortunately, I'm a graphic designer and don't know how to help with scripting the API code. Also, the project which required for me to use a module for CyberSource Gateway opted for another gateway provider.

Wish you the best of luck!   ;D

mrosile

Thanks for the encouragement macphoto :-)

-- Just an FYI and status update --

Today I broke ground on this project and have already processed a successful credit card authorization using VirtueMart!  There's still a lot of work to be done however, such as handling communication errors or failed (AKA rejected) card authorizations.

I am using the latest CyberSource API, which is version 5.0.0 (support for PHP 5.1.2), and NVP (Name Value Pairs, instead of XML).

I would like to get some feed back from anyone who is currently using or wants to use CyberSource to process payments.  CyberSource works with different payment processors such as Vital and FDMS.  Some payment processors require different information to be sent when processing authorizations.  I won't be able to test my CyberSource module with other payment processors as our merchant account is setup to process through Vital.  Anyone using a different payment processor, please let me know and I will try to include support for those as well.

mrosile

For anyone who has read my post back in August of 2006, sorry its taken me this long to get this done, but I've finally completed a CyberSource Payment module for VirtueMart!

I've attached a zip file containing the module and a README.txt file with installation instructions.  I hope there are still people out there that can use it!

If anyone has any problems using this module, I will do my best to fix any bugs and improve on the existing module, but please understand that I'm only working on this project in my spare time, so please have patience.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mrosile

Just posting my latest updates for the CyberSource payment modules!

1.1.2 -- February 20th, 2007
----------------------------
* BUGFIX: AUTH_CAPTURE now works, the payment is first authorized and if successful
  will then be captured.
* BUGFIX: Orders that are marked as 'REVIEW' status should be recorded in VirtueMart

Greg P

I'm embarking on the same journey, but having problems with getting the cybersource extension to be recognized properly.  VM is saying "ERROR: Function "cybs_load_config" does not exist!  Is the CyberSource PHP module loaded?  Well, according to PHP it is, so I'm afraid it may be looking in the the wrong place for things.   Would mind sharing with me where you installed the pieces from Cybersource, and what you did to PHP to make it find them properly?

Thanks in advance, and I'd be happy to offer any help I can to help this effort along.

Jason Ruyle

I wanted to know if anyone has tested this with version 5.2.1?
I'm hosted at dreamhost and want to use cybersource.

Hien

Quote from: mrosile on February 20, 2007, 18:01:29 PM
Just posting my latest updates for the CyberSource payment modules!

1.1.2 -- February 20th, 2007
----------------------------
* BUGFIX: AUTH_CAPTURE now works, the payment is first authorized and if successful
  will then be captured.
* BUGFIX: Orders that are marked as 'REVIEW' status should be recorded in VirtueMart

Can it change the status from Pending to Confirmed once the Capture is successful (and notify the customer)? It would be great if this can be done. Thanks

Troy

I seem to have entered everything correctly, but I get these error messages:

Error:  "Function "cybs_load_config" does not exist! Is the CyberSource PHP module loaded?"

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_cybersource)

How can I fix this problem? Thank you so much

buglerroller

Quote from: Troy on July 31, 2007, 05:00:34 AM
I seem to have entered everything correctly, but I get these error messages:

Error:  "Function "cybs_load_config" does not exist! Is the CyberSource PHP module loaded?"

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_cybersource)

How can I fix this problem? Thank you so much

I take it you downloaded the version from the downloads section on the virtumart site.The version under the downloads section of the virtuemart site does not have the ps_cybersource.cfg.php file however another version i found does. I think that maybe the problem you are having.

have you been successful in getting cybersource to work?

Justin

Hello,

I use this at the company I work for and have found two issues that I have fixed and included in the attachment.

I make no claims of this being bug proof use at your own risk.

Regards,
Justin

Programmer
ASGVIS, LLC
921 E. Fort Avenue Suite 300
Baltimore, MD 21230

+1 410-468-0777