Author Topic: product enquiry modification (Ask seller info about current product)  (Read 80731 times)

Drakossi

• Beginner
Re: product enquiry modification (Ask seller info about current product)
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 04:28:55 am »
unzip the attached files into administrator/components/com_virtuemart

these are new files and will not overwrite anything.

Mark

Great mod, I finally got everything working, one problem though.  Your enquery zip file puts ps_ask in the wrong directory.  If you follow the instructions you give, it creates a 'class' subdirectory and drops the file there, the proper directory (at least with 1.07) is classes (not class).  I found this by turning on the debug option in vm and saw an error about not being able to run ps_ask.php once I moved the file into classes everything works. 

Not sure about your other zip file, but this is for anyone trying to get this to work with VM 1.07, it wont until you move ps_ask.php into the proper classes subdirectory [administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes]

tophe

• Beginner
    • Plasnet - Business Web Solutions
Re: product enquiry modification (Ask seller info
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 23:02:10 pm »
Hi,
I don't know if this thread is still active...
and I have NOT loaded this mod because reading the thread I get the impression it is keyed to a product being viewed.

I would like to suggest an alternative approach which I would like to see... am considering writing a module, but don't want reinvent any wheels.

I would like to see an option in the menu block of the Virtue Mart module, say "Product Enquiry"
This would then present a page with some (configurable) intro text and a nicely laid out grid of chckboxes so that Visitor can select the products of interest and send the appropriate User  & Admin emails.

The array of checkboxes could also be configured - e.g Only Categories or fully exploded category/products each with it's own checkbox.

The page would also need a form for Visitor details - ie. not necessarily registered and all details of the enquiry should be stored and available to be viewed by Admin from back-end.

Just an idea - If anyone is interested, by way of simple example, I have (long ago) done a similar page here (it's an older ASP site). Because it uses Frames, to see the page click "Product Enquiry"  from the left menu.... http://www.buttbin.com.

I would be interested to hear whether such a page is on the agenda at all... if not I may start work.

Cheers,
Chris
VirtueMart:  1.1.2
Joomla   :   1.5.x
Localhost:   WAMP;  Live: FreeBSD
Apache:      1.3.41 (Unix)
PHP:         5.2.x

One VM Shop we built (except for the product pics!):
http://www.buttbin.com

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 01:58:37 am »
You're right, this mod is designed to work with the current product.

The reason, it's a specific product enquiry asking for more info if it's not there.

What you're suggesting is not providing much info in the first place and sending it as it's required?

everything in my mod is there to start with it, just amend it as you see fit. You'll only have to parse all the categories, products. Create the grid of options and then add all the product_id's to the email.

In my mind you're just creating work for the store owner!!

If the majority of the relevant info is there in the first place, you wouldn't need a product enquiry list.

This seems to be an order leaflet request for comparison than a product enquiry function.

Just my opinion.

By the way, this mod is incorporated as standard in the next release of VM (1.1)

Mark

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

tophe

• Beginner
    • Plasnet - Business Web Solutions
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 03:32:40 am »
Thanks for response Mark.

The reason, it's a specific product enquiry asking for more info if it's not there.
If the majority of the relevant info is there in the first place, you wouldn't need a product enquiry list.

I do take your point... isn't it interesting how the human mind perceives language...?

Well, we found on the ButtBin site that, the enquiry page is more about QUALIIFIED sales leads... that is, when my brother responds, he knows which specific (or type of) products the PROSPECTive customer is interested in.

That is, it is not simply a question of product information as such.

By the way, this mod is incorporated as standard in the next release of VM (1.1)

I will await VM 1.1 before any further action.

Thanks for VM and all the contributors thereof, it is a terrific effort and much appreciated by many of us out here.

Chris

VirtueMart:  1.1.2
Joomla   :   1.5.x
Localhost:   WAMP;  Live: FreeBSD
Apache:      1.3.41 (Unix)
PHP:         5.2.x

One VM Shop we built (except for the product pics!):
http://www.buttbin.com

mariolosek

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 22:17:15 pm »
Could you show me the code if I want to have on Ask page not the whole product Information, but
  • the name of the product
    thumb of this product
    form ask a seller
I have long descriptions on my site, so if I give the whole product information they will not see a form "Ask a seller" below. Could you tell me how to do that?

Thank you in advance for help

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 22:54:13 pm »
in shop.ask.php you'll find this code

$set = 0;
$more_images ="";
$file_list="";
$edit_link="";
$manufacturer_link="";
$product_weight="";
$product_reviews="";
$addtocart="";
$product_reviewform="";
$product_availability="";
$vendor_link="";
$product_type="";
$related_product_html="";
$product_packaging="";

this is a list of the item you want blanked out from the template, below that is the list of what is output
just add to the above list what you don't want displayed

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Leq

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2006, 11:39:28 am »
Hi,

I seem to have problems with the mailsending...None of the methods work.At least mosforms is sending mails in my installation, what is the method for sending mail in that case?
I have Joomla 1.0.7 and VM 1.0.7 installed.

Where is the destination address defined? in Shop details?
This function is THE reason I installed VM, so I really would like to get it working...

Leq

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 12:16:47 pm »
Hi,

I seem to have problems with the mailsending...None of the methods work.At least mosforms is sending mails in my installation, what is the method for sending mail in that case?
I have Joomla 1.0.7 and VM 1.0.7 installed.

Where is the destination address defined? in Shop details?
This function is THE reason I installed VM, so I really would like to get it working...

I got one step further using Debug-mode. ps_ask.php was in a wrong folder, as it should be in classes folder, not class folder...

But now I get this error when posting:

Call to undefined function: sessioncookiename() in /xxxxxxi/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_ask.php on line 81

Edit:
That problem was solved on the second page, so we got it working! Thanks for a great mod!

Joschg

• Beginner
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 20:35:14 pm »
Thanks for nice component.

I have set it up and it works well for a site which is using the the catalog only and not shopping cart.

Joschg

• Beginner
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 00:41:05 am »
I need to add phone number to the enquiry form, what pages do I need to amend.

How and where would I define and add

kessels1234

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 00:07:09 am »
Hi mark,

Is it possible to open the form on a different page. Because if there is a lot info on the product, it presents the form at the bottom of the product-description. So i guess, a lot of people think nothing happened when they clicked the link and don't go down to the bottom of the screen.

Another question. Where do i modify all the translations; like: 'Enquiry Form' (our site is in dutch language).

Thnx for this grate mod.

Gr Danny

david huang

• Beginner
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 02:50:34 am »
Yup~ That's what I want to ask, hopes your reply ,thanks Mark.

perrine

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 13:02:24 pm »
Hello

I am sorry, but I don't find the module SHOP and I don't know how to add the function. Can you help me?
Thank you very much !
Perrine

perrine

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 13:08:45 pm »
It is ok, excuse me fot the inconvenience ;(
Perrine

Lain_

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2007, 01:28:21 am »
Mark,   

You have another great feature I am attempting to use on my site. However after 4 attempts to get this one to work, well I still get the same error. It may have to do with how I am trying to implement it?

I have added tabs_and_sliders to my cart area, and currently I also use roks_members mambot to hide the slider so its only seen by logged in members to add product reviews like below. I am trying to get the info request to work like this product review slider, but for all guests not just members.

So, some questions are......
What do you think is causing the error message as shown above  ???

And....
Can this mod be made to scroll open and work like the product review without refreshing the page?

I am making a Fabrik form that I can use like this mod of yours, but Fabrik has "issues" of its own and currently the mambot they use is not playing friendly with Virtue-Mart. Plus with Fabrik I have not figured out how to auto-append the form with the product name and information. I know it can do it, but its a poorly documented component  and I have yet to make it work.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
...........Of all the places I have ever been, Earth has the best popcorn.