News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS Tracking #'s

Started by stevendunston, February 22, 2006, 23:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevendunston

Ralf,

The company's warehouse manager is out of the office until Monday, but once he is back, I will request a sample data file and some specs on the UPS system.

deneb

misticjeff

Ralf Melles

AddOn finished. The modifications inside the attached file are based on version 1.0.5 of VirtuelMart.

Just replace the files of your installation and change database using the following SQL statement (remember to change table suffix)

ALTER TABLE `jos_vm_orders` ADD track_num VARCHAR(30);

Actually the code is in test mode. To use live mode of UPS, change the lines 40-43 in account.ups_tracking.php:

$timezone = 'Western';  // set this to the timezone of your server
$protocol = 'https';
$host = 'wwwcie.ups.com'; // use for testing purposes only
//$host = 'www.ups.com';  // use this for live

Currently I only included the english language version. For other languages, please modify your language files.

UPDATE:
I also attached another version based on 1.0.4 of VM. Please check this version because I did not had time to setup an old 1.0.4 version.

Ralf

[attachment cleanup by admin]

misticjeff

Quote from: Ralf Melles on May 09, 2006, 12:29:47 PM
AddOn finished. The modifications inside the attached file are based on version 1.0.5 of VirtuelMart.
Ralf

Great!  Your hard work is appreciated...  I am wondering though what the differences would be between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 since probably 95% of the users who could benefit from this are still at 1.0.4.  Any major changes?

Ralf Melles

a lot of bugfixes i think and hope  ;)

No, no, Soeren and all the others did a great job and if you check out the changelog and modified files for 1.0.5, it's more then worth.

BTW, for all users still working with 1.0.4 -> I will upload a version based on 1.0.4 in a few hours (seems to me that I have nothing else to do  ;D)

Ralf

misticjeff

Quote from: Ralf Melles on May 09, 2006, 17:23:23 PM
BTW, for all users still working with 1.0.4 -> I will upload a version based on 1.0.4 in a few hours (seems to me that I have nothing else to do  ;D)

Ralf

That's what I like to see...  ;D  Thanks Ralf

Ralf Melles

now, version for 1.0.4 available too. Check out my previous post for attachment.

rme

Elkaholic

I added the Mod, really nice. Another feature request would be to have a USPS tracking radial button and have it add tracking numbers for them as well and an if USPS is checked, then track and send USPS, if UPS is checked then send and track UPS. Any thoughts on this?
VirtueMart Is a Great Product,

Thanks!!

Ralf Melles

@stevendunston: any progress about the interface deifinitions for bulk import of tracking#?

Does anybody has more informations about the online tools of different shippers (FedEX, USPS...) If I can get detailed informations about request/response structures, I will enhance this hack to be able to handle different shippers.

BTBlomberg

Ralf,

There is a thread with some FexEx info and a start to a module for FedEx but it basically fo rjust displaying rates for the customer to select.

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=14414.0

I found the source from the origional author that Soren used to set this up and it includes many additional sample scripts for adding features like:

track
ship (hopefully with lables to print)
address validation
rate service

http://freshmeat.net/projects/fedexdc/?topic_id=914

You need a FedEx Account and there are links in that tread and in the file readmes to the developement area. You baically need a FedEx account and to register online. Then you need to email websupport@fedex.com requesting access to the test server. I have been trying ot hook up but apparently they are upgrading and rebuilding the server and have had no luck.

I am new to PHP programming but would love to get a more full featured FedEx shipper in ValueCart and I think a lot of others on US would too.

Thanks!

sorian

Is there goin to be an update to work with 1.0.6?

djreason

is anyone else having trouble with all of the shipping modules built into 1.0.6, mainly UPS and USPS?  I NEED these work properly so I can take my store live and they wont even show up, they cause my shipping option page to become disfigured, my orders are not showing in the back end, and there are major flaws in VirtueMart altogether between Mozilla Firefox and Internet Exolorer. 

Am I alone here or is anyone else experiencing these same issues?

Someone please help

jocke4u

Ralf, I really like your work!

Hmm, just wonder...
- What happens if you only can delivers some articles of the order and have to deliver the rest a week after (= two tracking numbers)?
- What happens if the order is big and need to ship several packages (at least in Sweden this means different tracking numbers)?
- Since there is another addon (Invoice/Receipt/DeliveryNote Addon - http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=14896.0 ) which is a good addon and handling deliveries, shouldn't the tracking number handling be added in this?
BR
Joacim
[Sweden]

nzeone

Hi guys  8)

Do you know if there is anyway to do the same with Royal Mail (the main UK service provider) www.royalmail.com?