News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Edit products on existing order on backend dont work

Started by niosme, May 18, 2023, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niosme

Because i see a lot of bugs posted here etc.
Can anyone edit, add or remove products from an existing given order?
Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert

hazael

Reduce your order list limit. With more items on one page, editing in Virtuemart will not work.
It can be similar in an order with a large number of products - PHP limits may prevent changes from being saved.

The worst is with editing products. I've increased the limits in PHP and that's sometimes not enough either. Virtuemart is a bit suboptimal.
One form is used for everything in product editing - the Virtuemart form chokes with more data
A simple shopping cart with a few images and custom fields is no problem. But if I add 30 images to one product and 40 custom fields, 10 price variants etc.. Virtuemart becomes suboptimal - product edit stops working.
The forms are getting too big and you need to increase the limits in PHP.

PS1. See in the attachment how much one product has data in the form  ;D

PS2. Too bad Virtuemart doesn't have categories for images. Instead, there is a category for manufacturers. Anyone using these categories?  ???

diri

Quote from: hazael on May 18, 2023, 22:22:38 PM
PS2. Too bad Virtuemart doesn't have categories for images. Instead, there is a category for manufacturers. Anyone using these categories?  ???

Categories for manufacturers could be very usefull. Sad enough there is only one category per manufacturer which limits usability very much.

cu, diri

niosme

What you understood guys?

In orders when you click an order to edit with even one product inside this order if you edit the items in this order and you click add item then set it and click save it throws errors. With the new vm admin template in vm 4.0.20.
Can anyone add or remove products in existing order given?

hazael

Quote from: diri on May 19, 2023, 09:55:05 AM
Categories for manufacturers could be very usefull. Sad enough there is only one category per manufacturer which limits usability very much.

Really? Have you used this link? ???
/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturercategories

hazael

Quote from: niosme on May 19, 2023, 12:35:26 PM
Can anyone add or remove products in existing order given?

If I edit the ordered product, I did not find the error. I'm changing his name, price...
But if I copy this product as new then I get a database error after saving.

danger
vmError: vmTable store insertObject #__virtuemart_order_calc_rules Data truncated for column 'virtuemart_order_item_id' at row 1 INSERT INTO `ucray_virtuemart_order_calc_rules` (`virtuemart_order_calc_rule_id`,`virtuemart_calc_id`,`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`virtuemart_order_item_id`,`calc_rule_name`,`calc_kind`,`calc_amount`,`calc_result`,`calc_mathop`,`calc_value`,`calc_currency`,`calc_params`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','1','2845','1','0-86-6944','VAT 23%','VatTax','51.4227652','0','+%','23.0000','114','','2023-05-19 19:44:26','240','2022-09-09 15:49:43','240')

vmError: vmTable store insertObject #__virtuemart_order_items Data truncated for column 'virtuemart_order_item_id' at row 1 INSERT INTO `ucray_virtuemart_order_items` (`virtuemart_order_item_id`,`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_product_id`,`order_item_sku`,`order_item_name`,`product_quantity`,`product_item_price`,`product_basePriceWithTax`,`product_discountedPriceWithoutTax`,`product_priceWithoutTax`,`product_tax`,`product_final_price`,`product_subtotal_discount`,`product_subtotal_with_tax`,`order_status`,`paid`,`oi_hash`,`created_on`,`created_by`) VALUES ('0-86-6944','2845','5583','KL-0976','Indyjskie kolczyki tanzanit','1','223.57724','275.00001','160.97561','237.97562','37.02439','198','77.00001','198','S','0','3cfb5fb8f2e1a1fe1da2ccbc8456373d','2023-05-19 19:44:26','240')

vmError: vmTable store insertObject #__virtuemart_order_item_histories Data truncated for column 'virtuemart_order_item_id' at row 1 INSERT INTO `ucray_virtuemart_order_item_histories` (`virtuemart_order_item_history_id`,`virtuemart_order_item_id`,`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_product_id`,`order_item_sku`,`order_item_name`,`product_quantity`,`product_item_price`,`product_basePriceWithTax`,`product_discountedPriceWithoutTax`,`product_priceWithoutTax`,`product_tax`,`product_final_price`,`product_subtotal_discount`,`product_subtotal_with_tax`,`order_status`,`paid`,`oi_hash`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_by`,`action`) VALUES ('0','0-86-6944','2845','5583','KL-0976','Indyjskie kolczyki tanzanit','1','223.57724','275.00001','160.97561','237.97562','37.02439','198','77.00001','198','S','0','1c1a5f48bbf2da2f8f4898ad9ae3cce3','2023-05-19 19:44:26','240','0','new')

niosme

When you edit the order! Not when you apply edits on the product itself but the product in the order view!
Like when you adding a product in existing order or changing something in existing order on the order edit page!

tonis

Hello,

I have the same problem with editing existing orders.

The products already in the order can be changed partially - for example number of products, or price. But I have not managed to add any new product. Deleting products from order works also.

J 4.2.8
VM 4.0.12

pimo

niosme

pimo

hotrod

Guess I'm not the only one with this problem.. anyone find a fix for this..  worked fine for me in 3.8
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation