SKU in Google results, not visible in webshop?

Started by Lockerbie, April 18, 2023, 17:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockerbie

Hello all,

One of my clients uses the sku-numbers in the back-end, but these are not visible in the front-end of the webshop.

In the Custom Filters module, this is all set and the sku-numbers are searchable for visitors.
But now the client wants the sku-numbers to show in Google results, even though these are not visible in the front-end of the webshop.
Is this possible, and how do I do this? Or perhaps what extension can we use for this?
Thanks in advance.

Joomla 4.2.9 / VirtueMart 4.0.12 / Custom Filters 2.14.1 / Custom Fields for All 4.4.1

GJC Web Design

should already be there is u are using \templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\snippets.php
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Lockerbie

Thanks GJC,

This file wasn't present in the used template, nor in the default template.
Do I have to adjust anything in the original file (components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/snippets.php) before putting it in the template override?

Jörgen

The template file is an override, it does not work like a cascaded style sheet.

Yes, You must copy the whole file and modify it if you want to use it.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Lockerbie

Thanks Jörgen,

Yes, I know, but the question was more like if there were adjustments necessary.
I see it's working, but I'll have to look into it a bit further to see how to improve it for the results, if possible.