Cart module disappears till one product is added to cart

Started by Darko F., March 28, 2023, 13:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko F.

After update to

VirtueMart 4.0.14 10805
and Joomla 4.2.9

I notice that  module VM - Shopping cart disappears, till I add one product in cart.

That behaviour even if is expected is not correct, because google and users really hate Cumulative Layout Shift

and second if user is logged in, and get message that previous selected product are loaded in cart, they cannot go to the cart, because cart module is not there for them.

There in no problem if you fall. Problem is if you don't get up

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Roderic

I've noticed the same behaviour on one website. The owner of that shop has called twice because of this problem. But it doesn't happen all the time.

I just tested, it works fine in Chrome, where I'm not logged in. The cart doesn't show up in Firefox, where I am logged in.

(J3.10 / VM 4.0.14)

Darko F.

Yes I have menu link to cart, but is hidden.
and I using brave browser
And is happen if I'm loged in or not. Just delete cookies and cart module is gone.
If I visit cart menu, even if empty module show up, also show if I add product in cart.
There in no problem if you fall. Problem is if you don't get up

pimo

This happens to me from time to time, it's random. Virteumar 4.0.2 and joomla 4.3.1

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

niosme

Quote from: Darko F. on March 28, 2023, 17:40:30 PM
Yes I have menu link to cart, but is hidden.
and I using brave browser
And is happen if I'm loged in or not. Just delete cookies and cart module is gone.
If I visit cart menu, even if empty module show up, also show if I add product in cart.

I can aggree! In the first visit of a site the cart module is hidden! After the next page load it shows up even if you dont put something in cart!
Still a problem in 4.0.20
Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert