News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

loadmodule through custom fields

Started by idor, March 14, 2023, 12:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idor

VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777 and Joomla ‎4.2.8

Hi!
Ιn a product in Virtuemart I am trying to load some modules but it doesnt work.

In joomla 3 Ι was using modules anywhere plugin, through custom fields with this code
{modulepos position="mymoduleposition"}
and it was working!

But in Joomla 4, modules anywhere is not compatible, so I am trying with the default Content - Load Module
I tried with this
{loadposition mymoduleposition}
or {loadmoduleid mymoduleposition}
and neither of these work.

The loadmodule and loadmoduleid is working in product's description, but not throught custom fields, which is what I need!

Any suggestions??
Thank you!

pinochico

I don't know exactly, but in override sublayout for customfield you can add trigger for content plugin - look at the product description
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

idor

Hi,
Finally there is a version of "modules anywhere" which is compatible with Joomla 4. BUT I found out that there is a problem loading text (anykind of text) if I use a specific custom field type..
If I create a custom field type Editor, and put default value any text or code 
(in my case this code {module title="My module´s name..."}   )
the default value doesn´t load when I call the custom field from the product page.
I had to create custom fields: type textarea instead.