News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

custom fields for all - category problem

Started by hazael, January 27, 2023, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

Forgive me for writing here but I'm trying to get answers with a bug I found in breakdesign components.
I have reported this bug to the author but he is a bit weird and completely blind. He sees no problem. he wrote me that it must be and he won't change anything. Fantastic support..

The issue is with filtering based on product category

A simple example. There is a category "earrings". In the Virtuemart administration panel, I have 100% of earrings added to this category in the number of 704 (some of them are unpublished).
On the Virtuemart website, in the category "Earrings", I display all available products in the number of 466. -> the real number of all published products that belong to the earrings category
CF-module displays the available quantity of these products as 493. -> this is the number of published products belonging to the earrings category and children's products that are not assigned to the "earrings" category
When the search button is pressed, the CF component displays 476. -> the real number of all published products + random number of related products not belonging to the "earrings" category

Category filtering can be turned off in cf-module. But that doesn't solve the problem. This module still reacts to the category the user is in.  The module displays available options for child products which inherit the category but are not directly assigned to it. If we select an available option from such a product and press the search button, the search engine component will return an empty page. In short - the module sees and displays the search options, but the component no longer displays these products.

You will notice the problem if some children's products are not assigned to the category to which the parent product is assigned
I have this problem on every website regardless of Joomla version
If you have the same component - test it and see if you have the same problem as me

ViPeS

I have the same component CF Filtering.
It shows the total number of products in a category that are assigned to the category - published and unpublished.
Whether this is correct or not is debatable.
Your statement is wrong
Quote from: hazael on January 27, 2023, 12:01:21 PM
CF-module displays the available quantity of these products as 493. -> this is the number of published products belonging to the earrings category and children's products that are not assigned to the "earrings" category
children's products that are not assigned to the "earrings" category will not be added to this quantity.
Check category assignment again.
You need to solve another problem first.
On the Virtuemart website, in the category "Earrings", CF shows 34 PAKISTAŃSKIE KOLCZYKI, you show 28.
VM 4.2.6 10972, Joomla 4.4.3, PHP 8.1.13

hazael

Quote from: ViPeS on January 27, 2023, 15:35:36 PM
On the Virtuemart website, in the category "Earrings", CF shows 34 PAKISTAŃSKIE KOLCZYKI, you show 28.
Yes, because some products that are not assigned to a category (child products) will not be displayed in it in VM. But the CF module should detect them and the CF component should show them. Unfortunately, this is not always the case

0. Category example: "Kolczyki" (in vm 466 and in CF 493):
https://piekielko.com/sklep/kolczyki/
1. in this category, you choose the country (manufacturer): Afghanistan (66 products)
https://piekielko.com/sklep/producent/afganistan/kolczyki/results1-0
2. At the same time CF module shows 77
3. You don't select anything else, just press the search button
4. CF component will show 69 products
https://piekielko.com/filtr/?virtuemart_category_id=16&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=5

Another example - Category "naszyjniki" + country "Pakistan":
https://piekielko.com/sklep/producent/pakistan/naszyjniki/results1-0
In Virtuemart = 12, in CF module = 14, after searching in CF component = 12
Where did the 2 necklaces go?  :o

And now a surprise. Look at the attachment - in the VIRTUEMART panel. Only "Pakistan" necklaces are displayed. They are sorted by stock from the largest quantity.
Screenshot shows 11 products available with positive stock. 12th product (ETNICZNY NASZYJNIK - JADEIT) not shown here is the parent product with 0 stock, but it displayed on the front page in the product list - according to the configuration of the VM. Unfortunately, these 2 missing necklaces displayed in the CF module are not physically present anywhere . But In the list (screenshot) you can see 2 products that have child products - these 2 child products are unpublished and with 0 in stock. In this case, the module should not detect them. This is definitely a bug

Another error of this CF module is the detection of a product with +1 stock but reserved by the customer -1. The CF module detects it but the CF component won't show it anymore.

This is ridiculous and illogical. Module and component should show the same result. this search engine is buggy. I have similar results on other sites
I have been using this CF filter for many years. I only noticed the problem now.

ViPeS

I too have been using this CF filter for many years.
I have the same number of products in VM and CF filter.
It is necessary to properly configure the VM under CF filter.

Category "naszyjniki" + country "Pakistan":
CF filter shows in its window the number of all products that are assigned to the category - published and unpublished.
In your case CF module = 14 (12 published and 2 unpublished) — Parent Etniczny naszyjnik - jadeit N-0300 is not visible in the screenshot
https://piekielko.com/sklep/naszyjniki/etniczny-naszyjnik-jadeit-3960
After searching in CF component = 12 published product.
If unassigned unpublished products then you will have VM and CF equality.

VM 4.2.6 10972, Joomla 4.4.3, PHP 8.1.13

hazael

QuoteCF filter shows in its window the number of all products that are assigned to the category - published and unpublished.
This module should not react to products that are unpublished. This is an unjustified action and unnecessary to anyone. At the same time, it misleads customers.

If I have 1000 unpublished products in my store and only 10 published products, then this search engine doesn't make sense. It is enough that the module will allow to select option from product that is unpublished -> the client will see a blank page. Such a solution only drives away customers