News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Down with OCC? (Offline Credit Card)

Started by deneb, January 29, 2006, 05:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deneb

Are you Down with OCC?

If any one does offline credit card processing...I have created a payment method to do just so! I am currently using this on a clients site, and it works great.

This VirtueMart payment method collects credit card information for later offline (manual) processing. OCC is intended to replace the standard Credit Card method that uses Authorize.net.

I tested this with Joomla v1.0.7 and VirtueMart 1.0.2 ( works with Joomla 1.0.2/ Virtuemart 1.0.1)

Please de-activate the standard 'Credit Card' payment method if OCC payment method is active. This is for best results so you don't confuse or scare the customer with multiple 'Credit Card' methods during checkout.

Follow the instructions included in the attached file.

Comments, questions, concerns? Post 'em here.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

deneb

Just a side note...

Use this payment method at your own risk as there may be legal issues involved. You do the research.

You can find a way to unmask the card numbers in this forum by searching on: mask digits or something

but I suggest that when you are viewing the order list, force that page into secure mode before going further. Then view the order page or the order print view pop-up with the unmasked digits. ;)

Cholic

Hello,

Thanks a bunch for the payment method module.  Im just having a small problem with it.  When I enter a Credit Card number, it says that it is not valid and when I try the testing credit card number (4111111111111111) it tells me that its the testing # and wont continue with the checkout...

Could there be a step I missed?

Im running Joomla 1.0.4 with Virtuemart 1.0.1

Do I need to upgrade to Joomla 1.0.7?  Could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kristen

deneb

Hey Cholic,
Did you disable the standard Credit Card method, then enable this OCC? You may still be using the standard CC method.

SaltAquatics

I did everything to the T on the directions, and am getting "Invalid Account Number" as my error.

Cholic

Quote from: deneb on February 03, 2006, 01:33:14 AM
Hey Cholic,
Did you disable the standard Credit Card method, then enable this OCC? You may still be using the standard CC method.

Hello,

Yes the standard Credit Card methid has been disabled (I checked it like 10 times).  When I enter a random Credit Card number and Name I still get the error "you have entered an invalid Credit Card Number". 

Can you exaplain again how the credit card info is stored into virtuemart and how part of the credit card # is delivered by email or something.  Where do I enter the email to where the credit card # will be sent?

Thanks in advacne,

Kristen :)

deneb

First off, can you try choosing "Credit Card" instead of "Use Payment Processor" in the Payment method type config for OCC. This might help with the errors.

Cholic, use these for testing:
//Visa Test Account           4007000000027
//Amex Test Account           370000000000002
//Master Card Test Account    6011000000000012
//Discover Test Account       5424000000000015

This method is based on the Authorize.net payment method. It merely bypasses the the whole server connect and records a response code into db. The code is needed for later use. So, it just allows the cc data to be recorded and 'approved'. It does cycle thru the existing card validation routines. So it does basic checks. That is what the errors are from.

A note: Nothing gets sent from your server with this payment method. So it is safe.

Also,  NO emails are sent anywhere with credit card numbers! VM sends a masked payment summary in the email to the admin. the numbers are also visible when you log in to the admin and view the orders.

Out of the box, VM will mask parts of the CC number everywhere. You can unmask them, as mentioned in above post. And again, get in secure mode if you view these as unmasked for safest use, especially emails. Then you punch those numbers into a merchant terminal for auth/capture.

Cholic

Thanks Deneb,

The instructions you gave worked perfectly.  I changed the Credit Card Processor to just Credit Card.  The test CC numbers also went through fine.  I have just one more question: where do I change the email address, so that a copy of the transaction also gets sent to me?  I changed the super administrator pass, but that wasnt it.

THanks again Deneb,

Kristen  :D

SaltAquatics

I followed the directions given, and again when processing, and entering a phony card number (with appropriate number of digits, etc) I still get the error, "Invalid Account Number". Anything else I could do? I also have it set to Credit Card VS Payment Processor. Thanks again.

Javier

deneb

Quote from: Cholic on February 03, 2006, 23:44:57 PM
Thanks Deneb,

The instructions you gave worked perfectly.  I changed the Credit Card Processor to just Credit Card.  The test CC numbers also went through fine.  I have just one more question: where do I change the email address, so that a copy of the transaction also gets sent to me?  I changed the super administrator pass, but that wasnt it.

THanks again Deneb,

Kristen  :D

Copy of Orders are sent to whatever you have set in the contact email setting under the store config:
VM backend>Store>Edit Store>Contact Information tab

There is also the super admin user email and has a 'Receive System Emails' check box.

You should try to see which is which...don't remember right now.

deneb

Quote from: SaltAquatics on February 04, 2006, 01:26:05 AM
I followed the directions given, and again when processing, and entering a phony card number (with appropriate number of digits, etc) I still get the error, "Invalid Account Number". Anything else I could do? I also have it set to Credit Card VS Payment Processor. Thanks again.

Javier

You have to use the test card numbers posted above because it performs a numerical check!

SaltAquatics

Those test numbers work great. My question now is, if my server in no way connects to anything, how on earth would it know if the account was valid or not before i punch it into my machine? Thanks again.

Javier

deneb

Quotehow on earth would it know if the account was valid or not before i punch it into my machine?

you don't (it doesn't)

all you know is that it passed VM's initial checks. 8)

SaltAquatics

So in theory, why wouldnt the "made up" credit card numbers I put in work? Like I said in a previous post, I put one in, and I get account invalid.... In theory, it shouldnt give me that error should it?

Javier

deneb

Quote from: SaltAquatics on February 04, 2006, 09:31:26 AM
So in theory, why wouldnt the "made up" credit card numbers I put in work? Like I said in a previous post, I put one in, and I get account invalid.... In theory, it shouldnt give me that error should it?

Javier

because Vm does a mathmatical check on the number to verify the CC# is a valid format!