News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Down with OCC? (Offline Credit Card)

Started by deneb, January 29, 2006, 05:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cholic

I think I may have found a bug in this OCC module.  If I an incorrect CC number, then the CC # will not be approved.  But when I enter the correct CC # with any combination of the 3 digit security code or experation, the OCC wil approve the Credit Card.

I would really like it to check both security code and experation date before approving the Credit Card.

Thanks in advance!

Kristen  8)

deneb

Quote from: Cholic on February 10, 2006, 22:06:01 PM
I think I may have found a bug in this OCC module.  If I an incorrect CC number, then the CC # will not be approved.  But when I enter the correct CC # with any combination of the 3 digit security code or experation, the OCC wil approve the Credit Card.

I would really like it to check both security code and experation date before approving the Credit Card.

Thanks in advance!

Kristen  8)

This is not a bug. It's intended functionality.

Please read the above posts about testing numbers and incorrect (invalid) CC numbers. VM is built in to use a numerical check to ensure validity of CC numbers. OCC uses these checks but just stores the CC data for later use. There is no way to tell if a card will be authorized by the card issuer until you bang the card manually!

CVV code and Exp Date can only be verified by the merchant services online. Then it would not be offline, right?

Maybe this payment method is not for you.
8)

Cholic

OK,

Got it.  Now I understand how it works.

Thanks man,

Kristen

medlington

Hi,

Im wanting to take switch / Meastro cards aswell as credit cards on my site, can i just add a new credit card type and call it 'switch' or will these mathmatical checks not recognise the switch card numbers as being in a valid format?

would it be better to create a whole new payment method for the switch card and then somehow disable these mathmatical checks?

thanks,

deneb

QuoteIm wanting to take switch / Meastro cards aswell as credit cards on my site, can i just add a new credit card type and call it 'switch' or will these mathmatical checks not recognise the switch card numbers as being in a valid format?

Yes, add credit card to VM list. There is support for it. Did you try it yet? Do an order with the Switch card and see what happens. This method does not do any live connects. ;)

Quotewould it be better to create a whole new payment method for the switch card and then somehow disable these mathmatical checks?

No, see above response to first bit.

Nguyen

Hi I need help.

I got the offline to work, however were do i download the number so i can process it later.   I cannot find where my customer credit card numbers after i have it process.  Please help i am a newbie....thanks a million

deneb

Quote from: Nguyen on March 01, 2006, 03:52:55 AM
Hi I need help.

I got the offline to work, however were do i download the number so i can process it later.   I cannot find where my customer credit card numbers after i have it process.  Please help i am a newbie....thanks a million

Check out this thread.

holsum

I use teh authorize.net payment module and it works for most of my customers.  Some international customers have problems and we have to manually process their orders.  This Payment module you create looks PERFECT for that!

So here is my question.  Can I use both and let the customer choose which payment method?  International Customers choose OCC local customers choose the standard method?

Thanks,
-Holsum

Shopmonger7

This may not be particular to the OCC module, but why is it that when a credit card error has been found due to VM's Luhn and other checking routines, that the user is brought back to index.php after the error has been displayed on the confirmation page instead of to the payment option page ?

I have also found this behaviour when checking the credit card payment option and entering NO values for name, number and CCV.

Checked with a vanilla install of joomla 1.0.7 ecommerce edition + OCC payment module.

Is this by design?

Peter

deneb

Quotewhy is it that when a credit card error has been found due to VM's Luhn and other checking routines, that the user is brought back to index.php after the error has been displayed on the confirmation page instead of to the payment option page ?

That is part of the current version of VM, not my OCC payment method.

wheat

I've installed the OCC module and it seems to function properly, except by accident I hit the Next button to continue without having entered any of the credit card info; the credit card radio button by default is already selected. The page then actually continues to the Complete Order page.   Is this correct?  Would there be a reason to not inhibit this functionality, so that if the methoed of payment is CC that the appropriate CC info then been entered before continuing to the Complete Order page.

thoughts?

Soeren

The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

wheat

winfreepcs

I've upgraded to Joomla 1.0.8 and VM 1.0.4.

And I've followed the instruction to the T.

When I finish and save. I would go back to activate it and the fonts got bigger. Not only that, but the bottom half where I get to select credit card is gone.

So can you check to see if your plug in still works? Or shall this be reported as a bug?

Thanks,
JSG

surfychik

Sorry if this is a dumb post, but is there a problem with the built in offline processing option that comes with virtuemart? Seems to me that complete credit card numbers are secure as parts are stored in order and parts in email to system admin?
I was overjoyed to find this feature in virtuemart (as would a lot of non-profit sites who can't afford payment processors). So whats the need for vm_payment_method_OCC_v1.0.1.zip ?

thanks folks - what a great product and community!!!

lesley