News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Image Resize

Started by MAD King, February 03, 2023, 23:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

I am using the new Admin template and the images under the tab Product Images are huge in the backend when creating a product.
How can I resize them?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

GJC Web Design

huge as in how huge ...?

If they are over sized in the admin are they over sized on the site?

Images too large are heavily penalised by Google's Speed Checker plus obviously it hardly helps your visitors to download huge image files every time they visit your site...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

The image in the new template is shown at the full uploaded size. In the old template it is displayed at at reduced size.

As GJC intimates, this indicates that the uploaded images are too big. Resize before uploading so you reduce the actual file size.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MAD King

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 04, 2023, 14:11:08 PM
The image in the new template is shown at the full uploaded size. In the old template it is displayed at at reduced size.

As GJC intimates, this indicates that the uploaded images are too big. Resize before uploading so you reduce the actual file size.

Not too big. It worked before switching to the new template. I switched back to the old one and it works again. So, not the images!
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

GJC Web Design

Read the answers offered ... of course it is the image size ..

as Jenks said

QuoteThe image in the new template is shown at the full uploaded size. In the old template it is displayed at at reduced size.

But do what you want..  if u won't give us an example product or reveal the image size then no one can help you further...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

MAD King

Old template and new template.

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

jenkinhill

AH! So you are concerned with the image search/selector display? That does not show the thumbnail at your config setting, the actual size thumb is shown below the full-size image.  The layout uses flex boxes and can resize depending in the display width.

I thought you were interested in the full-size image displayed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MAD King

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 04, 2023, 15:28:01 PM
I thought you were interested in the full-size image displayed.

No, I would like to have them the same size as with the old admin template and I cannot find how to do it. With the new admin template, they take a lot space up and I have to scroll a lot which makes it inefficient.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922