News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Search Administration Error

Started by niosme, December 06, 2022, 09:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niosme

->First
In administration when we select manufacturer from filter and then we try to search something from the search input
e.g. we first select a Manufacturer from the list in products and then we try to search a product by typing some characters it throws this error.

Error
vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column '#__virtuemart_product_manufacturers.virtuemart_manufacturer_id' in 'where clause'

->Second
Also when we search something we found it we click the product do whatever we want and then save and close the product the search resets and shows all products again but the search still have the query we searched.

In joomla 3.10.11 with virtuemart 4.0.8 10748 but same with Joomla 4.2.5.
Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert

Milbo

hmm "virtuemart_manufacturer_id" should be removed. I wonder the vm config should be updated by the installer. But just to be sure. Go to the vm config and just store it one time. the search for manufacturer name should be removed and it should work.
But maybe I did an error and I did not consider the case with manufactuere and keyword correctly. So if it works if you store the vm config once, there is not really something todo.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

niosme

I go to the configuration and saved it. Retry and same error shows up.
Is only the search combination with manufacturer and keyword in which something is happening there.

Milbo

Thank you, damn I did the release and forgot about this error. Grmbl :-) But we found so many, next time. But I take a look, at least for a "forum patch" or so.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

product model in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php
line 920

replace

if ( ($joinMf == TRUE or $joinMfLang) and $keyword == false) {

against

if ( ($joinMf == TRUE or $joinMfLang) ) {

niosme

Yes. The problem is solved like this but the problem still exists in 4.0.10.10767 ! Thanks a lot!

niosme

Hey. This problem exists again in 4.0.12 :'(

Also as we speaking for search if we search something and we click a product,then save and close,then we got all the results like we have no filters but filters stay on top.

hazael

Make sure the manufacturer's name is written for each language version.
The easiest way is to compare the number of manufacturer's names in the Greek version and in the English version. You should have the same.

---------
PS.
Milbo - I think you went too far with the number of posts. - I see that the forum has run out of new badges for you  ;D

niosme

It looks like it works fine! Maybe it was an outdated file tha caused the problem from older version.
Thanks