Import products in sub-category via RO CSVI fails in vm 4.0.7

Started by bestcons, November 23, 2022, 14:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestcons

I import products in VM sub-categories using RO CSVI. Each sub-category contains a number of products, arranged in an Excel file. Once the sub-category has been imported, it initially is shown as a category. In the next step you allocate the sub-category to a (sub)category. If the sub-category has been imported before you find the old sub-category with 0 products and the recent import with all the products. Deleting the old file finishes the process.
Since vm 4.0.7 this is no longer possible. The imported sub-categoriy remains a category and can not be moved.

hazael

Which version of CSVI are you using?
What did the Roland Dalmulder tell you on his support forum?

bestcons

It is CSVI 8.5.0
I downgraded vm 4.0.7 to vm 4.0.2 and the problem was gone, so my conclusion was that it had to do with the vm version.

hazael

Nobody adapts components to plugins - rather, everything is the other way around.
Just like Joomla authors don't have to worry about Virtuemart because Virtuemart is made for Joomla. And because of Joomla, Milbo has to stand on his head more than once to make everything work ;)
You should report your problem to the author of CSVI - he has very good support

PS.
I'm using the latest version of CSVI and I haven't noticed any problems with importing and exporting. In addition, the component works great with Google Merchant.

pinochico

I don't know, we use our own application for import where we don't solve these problems, the categories are sorted correctly as they are assigned to the products
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products