Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

SEO subcategories

Started by diri, November 27, 2022, 18:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diri

VM4.0.8 10748  J3.10.11
PHP 7.4, 8.0

Access denied to subcategories when VM SEO is on. Access is granted to main categories only. Direct access to products within subcategories work.

Switching VM SEO off, both work.

Any hint?

tnx, diri

pinochico

QuoteAccess denied

for FE or BE?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

diri

FE

edit:
No matter which template is in use (delivered with Joomla or VM).

hazael

Do you use third-party add-ons to support SEF?

diri

nope, as plain as possible.

tnx, diri

hazael

Check if you have any URL link with restricted access in the website menu (registered or special).
It is possible that your category inherits Itemid from this address

The safest is to add all categories of virtuemart to the main menu, which will enforce permissions and independent itemid directly from the menu.
If you don't want to show these categories in the official menu, you can add them to a separate hidden section of the menu

diri

Already done.

Misbehaviour occured after update. Befor it worked.

Milbo

Quote from: diri on November 27, 2022, 18:15:44 PM
VM4.0.8 10748  J3.10.11
PHP 7.4, 8.0

Access denied to subcategories when VM SEO is on. Access is granted to main categories only. Direct access to products within subcategories work.

Switching VM SEO off, both work.

What means Access Denied? You just see "Access Denied" in a error frame? (Usually red). This is a joomla message then.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

diri

sorry for late answer, I'm rather busy and short in time.

There is no frame, looks like a 403.

tnx, diri

Milbo

That is the server then? Hmm, how can an update to that. Maybe due a changed htacess.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

diri

Sorry, but: No.

Triple checked permissions and anything I could think of. In relation to htaccess onliest probable reason would be there's some "insecurity" when trying to get data like trying to fetch data from another domain or something the like in case of trying to access subcategories.

It took some time to implement a sophisticated htaccess for security level A+ for a specific hoster but, it works very well with J3 since long time.

Don't have the time for playing with J4 and can't say anything in relation to compatibility with J3. F*ing PHP changes are enough (PHP7 - PHP8.0 - 8.1 - 8.2 - ...), always same story with every subversion since start of PHP many years ago.

tnx, diri

Milbo

oh come on, the changes from php 5.6 to php7.4 were moderate.

diri

But, they where needed. As always in more than 20 years.

btw:
Categories seem to work again with 4.0.10 10767.

Encountered something i need to have a closer look:
Manufacturer - choosing to display all products from a manufacturer in FE all categories are displayed even when manufacturer has products in one category only.

tnx, diri