News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Help to setup products attribute

Started by visitmontaione, November 20, 2022, 20:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visitmontaione

Hello everybody, I ask you for a help to setup products attribute (which are not variants of a products, but just specifics)

Let's say I have several wines.

For each wine I have to define these attributes:

Year: (that could be for example 2018 or 2019)
Format: (that could be for example 750ml or 500ml)

These attributes are not a variant of a product but just specifics. I mean a customer can't choose this products in 2018 or 2019.

I know that i can do with custom fields. But as I have to do with many products that may have the same attribute, I would like to standardize.

For example I would like to crea the values for "year" like: 2018, 2019, 2020 ecc... and than call back into the custom field.

Is that something I can do with standard VM custom field or do I need a specific extension that can do this job?

If is possible to do with standard VM custom field, could you be so kind to guide me?

Thanks a lot!

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

visitmontaione

Quote from: Jörgen on November 21, 2022, 06:42:14 AM
http://docs.virtuemart.net/

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Thank you Jörgen, I've already read this documentation, but I have not find it very clear.
I just ask if someone can help me step by step.

pinochico

look at the demo of Virtuemart or demo products after installation and make self as maked on the demo.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products