News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem with shipping and payments methods - Virtuemart 4.0.6

Started by buki74, November 20, 2022, 12:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buki74

Problem with shipping and payments methods

I'm trying to create a shipping method but it doesn't save it so I can't get into the parameters.

The same happens with payments methods.

I have the Virtuematr 4.0.6 and Joomla 4.2.5

Is it a bug or I'm wrong somewhere.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

buki74

Thank you very much. The problem solved. Let's see what else bugs we can find.

When do you think, my friend, I should upload the new site with joomla 4 and virtruemart 4.

Wait a few more months ?

Thank you again.

jenkinhill

I wont be using Joomla 4  probably until the end of next year. VM4 is good on J3. (I'm currently testing  VM 4.0.8 10748 on J3)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Teejay

Am ruining a Joomla 3.10, with VM.4.0.8 on PHP 8.0.1, our payment method is also deactivated after upgrade to this latest version, should i downgrade to VM 4.0.7? only the default Paypal payment is active at the moment, please help

Teejay

Quote from: Teejay on December 06, 2022, 12:47:16 PM
Am ruining a Joomla 3.10, with VM.4.0.8 on PHP 8.0.1, our payment method is also deactivated after upgrade to this latest version, should i downgrade to VM 4.0.7? only the default Paypal payment is active at the moment, please help
the paypal payment is equally not working, every thing was running fine on PHP 7.4 version, why is it not working on PHP 8.0.1

Teejay

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 21, 2022, 15:49:20 PM
I wont be using Joomla 4  probably until the end of next year. VM4 is good on J3. (I'm currently testing  VM 4.0.8 10748 on J3)
You did say that earlier also, will remember never to doubt your wisdom, you reckon i should downgrade back to PHP 7.4, my template tech support claim to have a fix, for a huge fee

jenkinhill

VM4.0.10 should be released very soon. To quote our illustrious lead developer, Milbo, "most changes on vm4.0.10 are for j4 and PHP8.3"

In other words, there have been further PHP8.x fixes. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=149306.msg533012#msg533012

When a PHP version goes EOL the earth does not suddenly cave in. I still have some sites on PHP7.4 as third party extension developers have not yet got PHP8 stable versions - and these are small extensions, not mega-bundles like VM.

There are a lot of templates out there!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Teejay

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 07, 2022, 18:53:16 PM
VM4.0.10 should be released very soon. To quote our illustrious lead developer, Milbo, "most changes on vm4.0.10 are for j4 and PHP8.3"

In other words, there have been further PHP8.x fixes. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=149306.msg533012#msg533012

When a PHP version goes EOL the earth does not suddenly cave in. I still have some sites on PHP7.4 as third party extension developers have not yet got PHP8 stable versions - and these are small extensions, not mega-bundles like VM.

There are a lot of templates out there!
Appreciate your inputs, the link is encouraging read, am sure gonna point this out to our defensive tech support, the default template worked fine, will try replicate the instructions