News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Joomla 4 is stable with Virtuemart 4 ?

Started by tuaneric, October 28, 2022, 16:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuaneric

Hello

I have used Joomla 3.10 and Virtuemart 3.6 for my computer repair and spare parts store for 6 years, I hesitate to choose to update Joomla 4, Virtuemart 4 or reinstall virgin Joomla 4 and Virtuemart 4.

Joomla 4 is stable with Virtuemart 4?

On the site virtuemart.net/download does not yet have the Full Joomla 4 version with Virtuemart 4, I should manually install Joomla 4 and Virtuemart 4 with its components.

Can you advise me please.

Thanks in advance
Joomla 3.10.11 & Virtuemart 4.2.4.10922 - PHP 8.2 , Template Hera version 3.11

Milbo

Keep with joomla 3 latest. It is never need to uninstall vm and to install it again (reinstall). Just always install it over the old version. The vm updater works usually very stable.

So I would keep with j3 and install vm4.0.7 over it https://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1338/com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10730_package_or_extract.zip
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tuaneric

Hello Milbo
Happy Christmas, I tried to subscribe again to OVH hosting and activate PHP 7.4 to try to update Virtuemart 3 under Joomla 3.10 to the Virtuemart 4.7 version thanks to your link that it works correctly.

I tried to change the PHP 8.0 version on my OVH hosting, the virtuemart 4.7 no longer works, I can't Add the new product or new categories.

Virtuemart version 4.7 is compatible with PHP 8 ?

Thank you for your help.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

tuaneric

Hello GJC Web Design

I tried to activate PHP 8.0 and install com_virtuemart.4.0.12.10777_package_or_extract.zip but the same problem, when I click on the add Product button there is a problem displaying (see the photo)
The same problem on the Add Category button

I also have the Joomla 3.11 categories problem, I can't access the categories anymore.

It displays error: Attempt to modify property "params" on null

Thank you for your help

jenkinhill

The error "Attempt to modify property "params" on null" is very often seen with a Joomla template that is not (yet) PHP8 compatible.  It can also occur with other extensions which are not yet PHP8-ready, such as older versions of weblinks or JCE editor.

There is also an issue with CSS not loading.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tuaneric

Hello
I enabled debugging, it shows error

Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT/templates/hera_j3_vm3/html/com_content/category/default_articles.php:15
2   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:701
3   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()   JROOT/layouts/joomla/content/category_default.php:79
4   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:125
5   Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render()   JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/LayoutHelper.php:73
6   Joomla\CMS\Layout\LayoutHelper::render()   JROOT/templates/hera_j3_vm3/html/com_content/category/default.php:20
7   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:701
8   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:230
9   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/CategoryView.php:245
10   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\CategoryView->display()   JROOT/components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php:250
11   ContentViewCategory->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:664
12   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()   JROOT/components/com_content/controller.php:118
13   ContentController->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:702
14   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()   JROOT/components/com_content/content.php:43
15   require_once()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
16   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeCompo nent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
17   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderCompon ent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
18   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
19   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:225
20   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT/index.php:49

It's the HERA Template problem, when I tried to change the beez3 template. My category page displays.

Do you know a template compatible with PHP 8 of Joomla 3 & 4 with Virtuemart 4?

Thank you

jenkinhill

I use Hera on PHP 8.0.26 without issues, combined with the VP One Page Checkout, https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tuaneric

hello jenkinhill

Thank you for suggesting VP One Page Checkout, I will order. If I will fix the problem of my site with PHP 8.

Normally Hera template compatible with Joomla 3.11 and Virtuemart 4.0.12. On OVH hosting, if I leave PHP 7.4 it works fine. I only have the problem on PHP 8.

it shows the problem: Unsupported operand types: string * int

It confirms Hera template is not compatible with PHP 8 ?

tuaneric

Hello

1. I enabled the debugging methods in Configuration to see the error message.

In Product Menu, I click on the New button it displays error

Deprecated: Required parameter $name follows optional parameter $type in /home/Mydomain/www/components/com_jce/editor/libraries/classes/manager/base.php on line 82

Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/Mydomain/www/components/com_jce/editor/libraries/classes/browser.php on line 270

In Categories Menu, I click on New button it shows error

Deprecated: Required parameter $name follows optional parameter $type in /home/Mydomain/www/components/com_jce/editor/libraries/classes/manager/base.php on line 82

Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/Mydomain/www/components/com_jce/editor/libraries/classes/browser.php on line 270

2. Currently I use the isis template for Administration, I tried to change the vmadmin template which displays error: The template for this display is not available.

Can we install template vmadmin manually ?

Thank you for your help

balai

Your errors seem to come from another 3rd party extension which is the JCE editor (com_jce).
Try to update it to the latest version.

tuaneric

Quote from: balai on December 28, 2022, 16:34:57 PM
Your errors seem to come from another 3rd party extension which is the JCE editor (com_jce).
Try to update it to the latest version.

Hi

I tried download JCE 2.9.32 and install.
https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/core

It works my virtuemart 4.0.12  :D, thank you !

I still have a Joomla 3.11 problem with my Hera Template, it shows error on my Index.php page

Unsupported operand types: string * int

Do you have the solution ?

jenkinhill

As I said above, earlier versions of the JCE editor are not PHP8-ready, I currently use JCE Pro 2.9.32 and have no problems. As far as I know, the Hera template checkout is OK in PHP8 so no need to get  VP One Page Checkout - I use that on all my sites as my preferred checkout system.

vmadmin_4.0.12.10777.zip is included in com_virtuemart.4.0.12.10777_package_or_extract.zip  = if you did not install the full package then you can extract the vmadmin zip and install that.  Then select it on Configuration/Shop settings/Advanced Settings

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

tuaneric

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 28, 2022, 16:49:13 PM
As I said above, earlier versions of the JCE editor are not PHP8-ready, I currently use JCE Pro 2.9.32 and have no problems. As far as I know, the Hera template checkout is OK in PHP8 so no need to get  VP One Page Checkout - I use that on all my sites as my preferred checkout system.

vmadmin_4.0.12.10777.zip is included in com_virtuemart.4.0.12.10777_package_or_extract.zip  = if you did not install the full package then you can extract the vmadmin zip and install that.  Then select it on Configuration/Shop settings/Advanced Settings

Hi jenkinhill

Which Hera version are you using ?

I used Hera version 3.11.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK