News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Latest Products - Number of days to display [4.0.7 10720]

Started by hazael, October 15, 2022, 16:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

This function does not work.
If I enter the value 0 or 1 or 9999 and so on. I see these products always.

Milbo

Right. I disabled it, because it makes no sense this way. I try to explain how it was meant.

Lets say you just start your store, you filled it with 100 products and you are eager to add more. So lets say you add per week 10 products and you say show them 7 days,... and at the same time you want to display 2 rows a 3 products = 6 products. I think,.. I am not sure, but the first code was this way. Just get the products per sql time function.
That works as long you add at least so many products as you want to show. But there are a lot stores, shopowners, who do not add products for, lets say 1-2 months. In this case the sql returned nothing. So the idea was to rewrite it, take the last products in any time within certain days. But if you do that, you can just say "give me the last added products with limit 6) and so the whole time thing makes not really sense.
Except you enter all the time more products, than you are displaying and you want to change the order within a certain time frame. But that is just much more complex and almost no one really needs it. If someone buys a silver membership, I would add it. But as long no one is interested to pay that amount, it cant be that important. There is more important stuff todo.

Btw, removed the GUI, thx
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

yes - I can live without this option :)

I believe that a better solution is to start displaying products at a discount. This option is not even available for sorting products.