News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

override price not working

Started by paulschram, September 14, 2022, 14:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulschram

we have J 3.10.11 with vm 4.0.6. and currently experience that when we have a product with discount price which was earlier noted in product/price as "override" and then selected Override "final price" or "Price to be taxed" this is now not selected at all (but still working on front-end). But when now selecing the correct box and saving also the front end is only noting the original (high) price but not the discount price any more. when trying to solve this by selecting "override" etc etc the "new" set up is not saved. this we see when going back to product/price and we see no box is ticked.
we have not a clue how to solve this, what causes this. please help

jenkinhill

In Configuration/Pricing/   Price Configuration

Select Show expert pricing options - Yes. Then the price override function will appear for products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

paulschram

Thanks for helping but I cannot find this option when going through all settings in configuration....
so please guide me to the page/tab where I can find this.

paulschram

These (see pic in annex) are however my (only) options...

jenkinhill

See using new admin template (selectable on Configuration/Shop tab.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

paulschram

Thanks; solved so far.
My admin template was not real compatible with VM 4.. so downloaded VMAdmin 4.0.6. now also and now i see the back end in new look and feel but with all options that seemed lost using the old admin version.
now I only need to restore the view in the front end with striped through Base Prices when a discount is used with override price (which i can see now in back end) because that got lost somehow with an update...
any suggestions?
problem is that once I have put an item in cart and choose for a country, the system (we do have that!) chooses which vat% is to be applied. when going back to shop NOW we only see the striped through prices if a discount applies. but the actual discount amount is calculated wrong because it deducts the vat from the price without vat from the base price and then deducts the discount price (no vat) to calculate the actual discount. we have standart all prices without vat because we have mostly businesses as client but also retail but all over EU so with all different vat%. any solutions to get this right??