News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

The order list cannot be updated and other bugs

Started by hazael, December 11, 2022, 05:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

I reported this bug already in version 4.0.7.  There is version 4.0.10 and still no fixes
In what year will it be possible to repair this faulty template?

The order list cannot be updated in new vmadmin template with Joomla 4.
Cannot change the statuses and it is not possible to remove an order from the list.

- To change the status of an order, I can only do so after opening the order
- To remove the order, I need to change the vmadmin template to the old version

Bulk associate categories or  shoppergroups:
- After selecting the products, the new vmadmin template will be changed to the old template
Milbo obviously wrote that it works for him - he writes nonsense, or he doesn't understand me - this problem is with the new template, not the old one
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=149041.0

Section header it is still white on a light gray background - is illegible.
After every update i need to fix it - it's getting annoying.
just fix it in the admin.ui.css file at the top, remove this unnecessary line:
Quote#header {  background: #ededed;  border-bottom: 1px solid #D3D3D3;}

That nasty stripe with the words on it "Become a Supporter" covers the entire top of the screen when the menu is extended
just fix it in css - I gave code to fix it but traditionally it was ignored
This code is missing in the admin.styles.css file
Quote#vmuikit-menu-offcanvas-toggle {background: #333;max-width: 350px;overflow: auto} #vmuikit-menu-offcanvas-toggle > div {position:relative}

If I want to detach the child product from the parent product - in child product i remove parent product ID.
If I leave a blank field in the form, an error message appears. In order for the error not to appear, I have to enter 0
I believe that not everyone knows about it and it is an obvious bug

ERROR vmError: Empty slug product with id 1133, entries exists for language?  /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php(1738): vmError()
This error message should be removed. It appears when someone opens the address of a product that no longer exists. This message can also deter customers who enter the site
in the log file, this information is generated in thousands per day.

ERROR vmError: Related Product with id 5059 not found<pre>#0   /com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php(727): vmError()
Another error message is displayed in the product list when a product that was a related product is sold

Why do these messages have to appear in frontpage? Who needs it?

Jörgen

Regarding vmerror, this you can turn off. Why is it activated in your shop ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

hazael

Quote from: Jörgen on December 11, 2022, 12:54:22 PM
Regarding vmerror, this you can turn off. Why is it activated in your shop ?
Hi Jörgen,
I have debugging turned off in the store and in joomla. Where can i turn it off in VM? I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything like that
I understand that such messages should be visible only to administrators. Strange that they appear in the file even when I am not logged in.

Jörgen

You have in back end=> configuration->shop
You can send error messages to every one, no one and admin.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

hazael

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I have it all turned off.
Despite this, the com_virtuemart.log.php file is still updated with new entries

I wonder if it could be related to the com_customfilters component because I see these error messages in the search results

hazael

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000', referer: /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders

I accidentally found my problem in the system logs. In the Virtuemart settings, I had the default list layout in the backend set to 120.
The old Admin VM template handles everything with this number of records without any problems. But the new VM template (maybe  has a too big form) can't handle it anymore. Reducing the default limitstart to 100 solved my problem.
Of course i can also change the max_input_vars limit in php.ini

Milbo

vmError has two parameters. The first writes a message to the log and to the admin (if logged in), the second message is also for the public. It is the main job of vmError to write anything into the logs
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member