News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order is not saved after latest update

Started by Mingalo, August 02, 2022, 23:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingalo

Hi,

Ater latest update my cart is broken anyone could check and help me figure out how to fix it?
After filling all data in the cart and by pressing Submit no order is saved and even do not redirect to payment method further but kind of stays on the same screen and no messages.
Any similar issues know?

I'm running:
Joomla 3.10.10
VirtueMart 4.0.6 10690
Tried to switch off a template I use to standard one Beeze - no luck same situation.

Live site: https://muzikaspasaule.lv/veikals

Thanks in advance,
Gundars

Mike J

Hello Mingalo,

You might be facing a situation that arose with VM 4.0.4.10688 & VM 4.0.6 10690.

There are definite problems with these versions when you upgrade to J! 4.1.5 but others have reported similar issues with J! 3.10.10.

I'd say roll back to J! 3.10.10 / VM 4.0.2.10661 if you can. Also, don't try to take VM 4.0.2 10661 up to J! 4.x.x (customers can't check out when logged in due to a problem with the state drop down selector in the BE).

My personal belief is that J! 3.10.10 & VM 4.0.2 10661 are the latest true/stable versions and I do feel sorry for users who are learning this the hard way, hence, my input.

Having said that, Virtuemart is an outstanding shopping cart. It really is.

I need to migrate to J! 4 ASAP (for other reasons) but will hold out for VM 4.0.8, which is apparently close, as long as I possibly can.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

Mingalo

Thanks Mike,

Rolled back to 3.10.10 & VM 4.0.2 10661

Problem solved.

PRO

Next time try "install or update tables if needed" in vmart

Mike J

Good stuff Mingalo and hello Pro,

What I'm finding is that a lot of the big hitters on this forum keep throwing out ideas here that are focused on user, configuration error, not core error.

I spent a few days rolling back MariaDB to MYSQL, trying different versions of PHP while applying a number of other tweaks at a server level.

The last place I thought to look was at VM 4.0.2 (stable, compatible J3/J4), 4.0.4 (stable, compatible J3/J4), 4.0.6 (stable, compatible J3/J4) because they are being presented as stable and compatible with both J3/J4.

Out of frustration and in a quest to pinpoint the problem, I stripped things right back and created about 10 clean installs of just VM & J! using the aforementioned versions... No other plugins or templates.

RE: "Next time try "install or update tables if needed" in vmart" Yes, I tried that and about 20 other things like it.

I started posting my findings around the place and eventually some of the Super Heros started chiming in and confirming my findings.

...But VM 4.0.2 - 4.0.6 are still listed as stable, compatible with J3/J4 and this is creating drama and unnecessary headaches for loyal users such as Gundars and prospective VM users.

Virtuemart is brilliant. The best! ...But I do think it's taking a bit of a hit right now by not stating that J! 3.10.10 & VM 4.0.2 10661 are the latest true/stable versions.

Heck, I'm not complaining. It's a free piece of software and the dev team do a wonderful job. Just throwing out an idea that may make user experience better which in turn, may help VM itself.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39