News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Royalties payment plugin?

Started by Marttyn, October 03, 2022, 11:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marttyn

Hi,
I would like to know if its possible to setup VM in some way so I can pay royalties to an author for every sale on an specific item.
For example, art, photographs, music, software... If i sell content from several authors, I would like to have a way to keep track of the royalties I need to pay to them.
It may be not possible to do with VM, but maybe there is a plugin/component that can do that...
I have an affiliate component to pay for the affiliate link sales, but I couldnt find anything on royalties.
Any help would be appreciated, of if you may be interested on developing, I could have some money to "sponsor" this development  :D
Regards

loppan

I use RO CSVI to do exactly this :

https://rolandd.com/products/ro-csvi

Using the above tool I can easily (once properly configured) export a .csv file containing exactly the sales data I need for a specific time period. Then it's easy to figure out percentage of sales with just very basic skills in MS Excel or any similar tool.

Personally I use Libreoffice Calc which is free, and with templates already setup this is a very quick process.

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

Marttyn

Thanks loppan,
i was looking for something more automated, even where the author could enter and see his royalties in real time.
Maybe im asking to much  ;D

loppan

The process I described can be very automated, but of course, includes some manual work (I still need to make manual settlements and send them to clients, for example).

A more automated process built into Joomla is of course possible, but IMO would require more development costs / hours than it's worth.