News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'

Started by mauriziomomix, July 18, 2022, 00:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauriziomomix

Hello,
I'm having some problems when disabling the Add to cart popup: it seems that the item can be added to cart only with the popup enabled.
No action (no add) starts with popup disabled.
Did anyone noticed/solved the same?
Thanks in advance
Maurizio

VirtueMart4.0.4

GJC Web Design

yes-- this is currently being worked on .. 
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ml12

Hello Maurizio,

I just came across your topic and I wanted to share with you that I had the same problem but I found a way to resolve it with a quick little tinkering.

I kept the popup option enabled and then, added a few CSS lines to hide the popup and its black overlay :

#fancybox-overlay{
  width:0%;
}

#fancybox-outer{
  display:none;
}

On my site, it works very well with this, no popup is showing up and items are added to the cart.

I hope this can help you while waiting for this issue to be resolved by VM :)

Mathias

pinochico

Sorry,
but not showing popup for adding product in cart is mad idea
beause in this popup we added
- info about free shipping (how much I need buy for free shipping order yet)
- info about product which we want to buy too (standard lying motto - recommended)
- info about some product is added to cart automatically too (specially for shop with food - box for food)

I think we don't want shop without popup.
Mathias if you need, ok, hack css or core on your shop, is perfect.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

mauriziomomix

Hello pinochico,
I can understand your point of view but the setup allows the enabling or disabling the popup. If this is not correctly working, our opinion is marginal: the setup is broken.
Moreover, I have a project were I need that every time an item is added, the page stays ready for the next add.
It's boring for the user having to close the popup every time.

hazael

QuoteIt's boring for the user having to close the popup every time.
You wrote as if the customer had to add something to the cart all day: D

Should you wish to not have a confirmation popup, you can make such a notification near the [add to cart] button without pop-up.
Generally, there should be some information about the action performed.

pinochico

I often encounter that developers decide the features of an e-shop for customers.

Unfortunately, my experience in 15 years of making e-shops is that 100% of the time they have no idea what customers want.

Turning off the Add to Cart popup reduces the orientation of the e-shop and completely removes the marketing information that encourages further purchases.

Unfortunately, everyone has to go through this journey on their own and some people don't even start :)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

mauriziomomix

Whatever we think about it, if the setup has "Yes" and "No", both should work. Not just one.

Moreover, I just installed the 4.0.4.10688 build... and it still has several bugs.
Is there someone that tests the release? I guess no.
And I guess because it's a free solution... but I'd rather pay to have a well working one.

pinochico

I understand, and you're theoretically correct.
But there are few developers, their free version works 100%.

Most of the time it's just the opposite - what's free is usually broken (there are exceptions) and you can wait several years for a fix.

That's why we don't wait and if we really need fixes we do it ourselves programmatically and release our own versions, which we then use on websites and eshops.

But here I would rather wait for Max to get around to it.

GJC Web Design

@ mauriziomomix
QuoteIs there someone that tests the release? I guess no.

You don't seem to have any idea what is involved in testing a complex software like VM... of course all releases are tested along with the dozens of private dev releases before any public official ones...

There is only so much time that volunteers can give to the project .. have u volunteered your time to become a tester?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Maurizio67

I can do it if my job can be better considered than in this forum.
First of all: you are a tester? In this case, why EVERY (again EVERY) release contains a bug?
Second: Virtuemart is free, I know. But what is around Virtuemart causes royalties, so please stop thinking that free software can contain bugs with no consequences.
I use VM on several stores for my clients and now, at every update, I can't know if their store will follow be working correctly or not.
Do you ever ask yourself why many developers are leaving VM? I prefer VM, since several years. I pay for several products related to Virtuemart (Virtueplanet, Breakdesigns, Olwebdesign, and many others) so I contribute to the project in other ways.
If you think I can be useful for testing, why not? But my time, as much as yours, has to be considered to create value for the project.
Feel free to contact me here or at my technical email address supporto@bariweb.it.
But please don't say that a so "full of bug" release can be considered seriously tested. Is not respectful neither to me nor to you.

Regards
Maurizio

pinochico

QuoteI use VM on several stores for my clients and now, at every update, I can't know if their store will follow be working correctly or not.

This is a somewhat manipulative way of looking at things.

It is up to you how you use free apps.
If you install them on a production site without testing and then post on the forum that something doesn't work, you are to blame for the problem on the customer site.
You need to remember that free apps, are free apps with all the benefits and problems.

We never install untested apps on a website.
Yes, we never trust the information on a released version that it is stable and we test on the development server.
Yes, we don't post here on the forum that something doesn't work, we fix any bugs ourselves.
Yes, we try not to use free apps, because then there is no guarantee that any bugs will be fixed by the manufacturer.
Yes, we try to use our own apps as much as possible and don't rely on other developers.

If you do the same, your posts here on the forum regarding bugs will be fewer and fewer.

But this is one of the basic rules of software development, and it amazes me greatly that every week there is someone here who is in a state of seventh WONDER of the world.
It shows their irresponsibility and unprofessionalism.

Don't automatically expect professionalism in free apps or you will be disappointed.

(That's also why we use J3 and VM 3.4.2 or VM 3.8.9)

ssc3

The problem with the Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' was caused by VM 4.0.6

This was first noted on the day of it's release.

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=148569.0

It resulted from changes to vrequest.php.

Since there was no VM 4.0.5 released. No one had a chance to test.

It went straight to 4.0.6 and marked stable.

Apparently there is a VM 4.0.7 available which fixes this but that has not been published either.

If Virtuemart do not publish release candidates how can the wider community test.
Virtuemart Payment Plugins
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk

Maurizio67