News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Some questions about configuring VM

Started by micropalla, July 15, 2022, 19:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micropalla

Hi! I have last VM version on J4.1.5.
I have an item that costs 500 euro and want to sell it at 200 euro.
Why it is not possible to do this? I just would like to strike the 500 Euros and to have 200 in green...
If you look at the image it makes a nonsense...
Moreover in the prices configuration in products I have not "Override" possibility.
What's wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Jörgen

Of course You can.  8)
Create a discount Rule for 300 euro, there You can set start and stop date and create other connections. Price override doesn´t do this.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Alternatively in Configuration/Pricing/   Price Configuration

Select Show expert pricing options - Yes. Then the price override function will appear for products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

micropalla

Thank you!! It works!
One more question.
My customer sells paintings. They are mostly vertical but in the preview it stretches the image and that's not good.
Is there a way not the program to do this?
I attach an image to show what i mean.
Thank you in advance!

Studio 42

For the stretching, it's a CSS problem.
I think
max-width:100%;
for the product image should work
I cannot verify, because you do not provide link to the shop.

GJC Web Design

no idea where the css is coming from ..your css is combined by the T3 framework but to correct

.productdetails-view .vm-product-media-container .main-image a img {
    max-height: 360px;
    width: auto;
}
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

micropalla

Oh, cool.
Can I ask you where to add it?
Thank you, I am not so "in" with css, unfortunately :(

GJC Web Design

as I say->  "no idea where the css is coming from ..your css is combined by the T3 framework but to correct"

you add it where it works...  there must be somewhere in these awful frameworks for custom css

put

width: auto !important;

as a last resort
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

micropalla

Ok thank you, it works.
Just had to create /templates/ja_elicyon/css/custom.css.
I was in doubt since the file didn't exist.
Thank you!

pinochico

The file did not exist because it is your responsibility to create it. :)
If you understand the T3 framework and the Elycion template, it's in the documentation on how to work with custom code.

Otherwise, there is no need to put in cusom.less, but there is a file com_virtuemart.less in the extra folder where you can edit it straight away and you don't need to set the !important flag - that's just a last ditch brake and I'm breaking our coders' hands for that kind of work.

Again - it's all in the documentation or just a simple click through the folders after installation and look at the template settings

And there is also paid support - where they will be happy to help you, because elycion is a paid template and then you are entitled to a support ticket.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

micropalla

Quote from: pinochico on July 19, 2022, 20:05:52 PM
And there is also paid support - where they will be happy to help you, because elycion is a paid template and then you are entitled to a support ticket.

About this i wont' share private messages but I asked I think 3 times them to pay for support but no answers at all.
The guy that realizes themes is very helpful but it answers just once per day and not all days...
I want to repeat, he is very kind and he has been very kind but he answers with a big delay and he seems not interested in paid support.
Maybe I asked in the wrong way and it is my fault...

Anyway i will try again :)

micropalla

Back to the main subject, how do I avoid things like these?
First item base price 1200 and discount to 850.
Secondo item only base price 400 but i have in any case the discount price to 400...
How do I avoid publishing the sell price if there is no discount?
Thank you

Jörgen

Uncheck the price override.

Or modify the discount display code in Your template. 
if (abs(base prise -new price) <= diff) then do not show base price

This code should be in your template files. Modify in terms of above

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

micropalla

Price override is not checked.
I have this as below.